DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
GreenLeadersBronze level
Baytown, Texas
“Great place!”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This was a really nice hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was great. The location was also good. About 2 blocks from the Metro.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Mitchell L, Director of Revenue at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate the feedback! Thank you.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cupertino
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I and my wife stayed in for one night and got a room on 16th Floor. Sadly the view is not worth the height.

However, what we didn't like was that for everything right from Hotel Parking, Drinking Water, TV Channels, Internet we had to pay extra. Also the Room size is not more than 150 Sq Ft. At Price $89 for a night I won't choose this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chandan T
I apologize you didn't enjoy your stay. I thought it important to inform you that most full service downtown urban hotels charge for the services you mentioned in your review. This is not in any way unique to the Kyoto Grand Hotel and Gardens. With this said, we appreciate the feedback.
New Mexico
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I received such a great welcome from the front desk staff! The location in Little Tokyo was an unexpected surprise...and so much fun! Lots of incredible restaurants close by and a great place to take a walk. Local coffee shops and a Starbucks...how great is that!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Mitchell L, Director of Revenue at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! You couldn't be more right we're located in the warmest most inviting community of all Los Angeles. We look forward to your next visit!
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This was suppose to be a romantic getaway weekend instead I spent my weekend keeping my calm. It's true what they say the quality of service can make a difference. Front desk personnel needs to work on their greeting and manners I've worked in the hotel industry before I know that guest staying in the hotels are away from home either business or pleasure and a smile or professionalism can make a huge difference. If people are having a bad day that should not affect your performance at work if it does then stay home. I was very irrate to ask for help with a simple request and be met with attitude I paid 170 only to take my simple request and walk to a near by establishment and resolve it myself. I would not recommend this hotel try it for yourself call in before you stay to confirm and you'll find yourself having to call 2 different numbers or only to have someone on the other end tell you front desk is closed??? I give it just do as you wish people but I did my part of warning you.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you very much for the feedback. I apologize you felt your last stay with us was unsatisfactory. Here at the Kyoto Grand Hotel and Gardens we pride ourselves on our customer service and we take these types of comments very seriously. I will reach out to you privately so I can get more information regarding this situation. Again, thank you for the feedback.
Monrovia, California
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Thank you for making our stay wonderful. The team went above and beyond with service and every time I turned around there was someone there to assist me. I wish you luck as you transition to a Doubletree and look forward to seeing the newly renovated hotel.

1 Thank Colleen L