30 people are viewing this hotel
$365
Free cancellation until 04/06/22
$371
Free cancellation until 04/06/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
$327
Priceline$389
Hotels.com$371
ZenHotels.com$503
3,250 results
All reviews cabana room spare room bre smith tropicana bar marilyn monroe chinese theatre pool area runyon canyon king suite our honeymoon amazing hotel love this hotel valet parking universal studios hollywood poolside academy
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 January 2022

There is no doubt why so many famous artists like Marilyn lived here. It`s pure Magic. The building itself is not only part of Hollywood, it represents perfectly the Hollywood feel and lifestyle. I want to thank Hollywood Roosevelt hotel for the most beautiful, most inspiring time an artist like me can have. Special thanks to the guys from the front desk, who helped me a lot, when my apt elsewhere was overbooked, and I needed a home! Big thanks to Nancy and 25 degrees team for taking care of me with the best breakfast in town, and always a smile for me! Thank you so much to Mia, Raul and the others from the Tropicana bar, where I had the greatest, and most artistic cocktail creations, and tons of fun! And....not to forget...thank you to David, and my black friend, who served me so well in the best dinner restaurant I have ever been in, the Barish. My stomach gets crazy when writing about it. And hey, thank you to Dora and the housekeeping crew, who put everything perfect on place every day. Thank you guys! I am sorry I can only vote a 5 stars here, cause you deserve at least 6. You are not a hotel, you are family for me. Be back soon!

Date of stay: December 2021
A H, Other at The Hollywood Roosevelt, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2022

Dear Wolfgang,

Thank you for your heartfelt review and kind praise! We are honored to know that our iconic hotel and design helped to inspire your artistic endeavors. We will share your appreciation with our front desk team, who were glad to settle you in here with us when your plans elsewhere were forced to change. We are delighted to know you found a home with us here in Hollywood. David will be glad to know he made your meal at Barish more memorable, and Dora and the housekeeping crew appreciate your shout-out as well! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 10 January 2022

I stayed at the Hollywood Roosevelt for four nights over Christmas in 2021.

I opted for a deluxe King room which had a large four poster bed, couch, a large armchair and a desk in front of the TV.

I found the room to be of a very good size and found the bed to be very comfortable. Blackout blinds in a hotel room are always welcome and I heard no noise from other rooms or from the street level.

The hotel is in a fantastic location on Hollywood blvd and is right across from the Chinese theatre. If you want to explore Hollywood then this as good a location as you will get.

I didn't experience much of the hotels facilities like the pool as the weather was bad during my stay, it did look very good however as did the impressive lobby and accompanying lobby bar. Next time I stay I would like to try both.

I did go for breakfast one morning to the diner at the front of the hotel '25 Degrees'. It's okay, overpriced as expected for a hotel restaurant and the food was again just, okay. The staff were very good however.

The staff at both check in and check out were friendly and helpful and the process on both occasions was efficient.

The room is lacking in a few amenities that would have helped upgrade this review to 5 stars. There were no robe or slippers in the room despite these being listed on the hotel's website as being included. The fridge in the room is a stacked mini bar that cannot be used for your own storage and there was no electric toothbrush/shaver charging socket in the bathroom. All little things that didn't spoil my stay but warrant the slightly lower rating.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again were I to visit Hollywood.

1  Thank Ainsley B

Dear Ainsley,

Thank you for joining us for a Christmas visit in one of our deluxe king rooms. We are glad to know you rested so comfortably and enjoyed the ambiance in our historic lobby. Please do come back to enjoy our iconic pool and we appreciate your feedback on the amenities you would like to see waiting for you in your room. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Warmly,

Reviewed 8 January 2022 via mobile

This is where we will always stay in LA going forward!
The pool alone is worth the price tag. Very reasonable for what you get. Everything met or exceeded our expectations. From the friendliness of the front desk to the excellent food and service at the cafe to the gent who showed us around and gave us an impromptu tour complete with history and legends to the gorgeous and historic ambiance...it was a true delight in all ways.
Also, the location can't be beat! Our room had a clear view of downtown Los Angeles and overlooked Hollywood Boulevard, with sights like The Chinese Theater and the Walk of Fame.
Safe and convenient to the freeways, with some street parking, a garage across the street and valet if you need it.
Clean, hospitable, charming, with fantastic amenities. And did I mention the pool area?! We swam for hours in late December, ordered food and drinks and enjoyed the beautiful landscaping.
It felt like a treat but didn't break the bank. Highly recommend!

Trip type: Travelled with family
A H, Other at The Hollywood Roosevelt, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2022

Hello Lauraclonestar,

Thank you for sharing your detailed review and high score with our team. We are honored to know you will be back to enjoy our hospitality again whenever you are in LA, and we agree that our location can't be beat!

We are glad to learn you felt secure at all times and that you took full advantage of our pool area, Tropicana, and our valet service. Your recommendation means the world to us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Until then,

Reviewed 8 January 2022

If you think it's cool to stay at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel because it's a classic, because it's beautiful and it's almost 100 years old, because all the celebrities of all times have stayed or because it was once a residence for the one and only Marlyn Monroe, you're right!! It's well worth it. And it can be even more worthwhile when you meet Bill, the security manager, who takes you around the most iconic places in the hotel, such as the luminous sign on the roof top, the most incredible theater you can imagine, the hall where the first Oscar Ceremony happens, the room where MM lived and much more. Bill is very friendly and loves Brazilians, his favorite food is feijoada.:-)

Date of stay: January 2022

Dear cacsscaff,

We always love hearing from guests who fully appreciate our history and role in Hollywood, and we are glad you immersed yourself in our vibe and location during your stay in LA. We are glad you got a full tour, and we hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again one day.

Warmly,

Reviewed 5 January 2022 via mobile

The location is good, the cleanliness, security, and staff are great. Rocco was extremely helpful, polite, attentive and just so welcoming, made the hotel feel more like a 5 star rather than a 4 star. Will definitely stay there during our next visit.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank N8482DSisma
A H, Other at The Hollywood Roosevelt, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2022

Greetings N8482DSisma,

Your intention to return to see us again is the highest praise we could wish for! Thank you for sharing your five-star review with our team, and we will make sure Rocco learns of your kind words regarding his attentiveness and service. We await your next stay!

With regards,