“Very good choice at LA” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Caen, France
“Very good choice at LA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Very good hotel at L.A. Rooms facing hoolywood Hills are much better than the ones in front of the Mall. The bathroom has L'ocitane amenities and is spacious!! The perfect choice for people looking for Shopping and sightseeing!! The Service is Very good and the concierge was very helpfull!!! Sure I'll stay there in my next visit to L.A?

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Springfield, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was my first stay at the Sofitel and it certainly will not be my last. From an early arrival to a very late departure, the staff was sooooo accommodating. I stayed in a suite and OMG where do I begin? The bathroom was huge, you can watch TV while you soak in the tub, or you can have a party in the huge shower! Everything was very clean and beautiful. The bed was very comfortable but I do have one slight negative, the pillows were like sleeping on marshmallows, they were way too soft for me. Now back to the great stuff. We needed a pair of cuff links for my nephew right away and the stores were not open yet. I called the Concierge and he was awesome, he found a pair for us right away! The staff at the Sofitel was very professional; they displayed pride in what they were doing and were service oriented. I would love to name them all, but there were so many! The flowers in the lobby were very beautiful. I was there when they set up the Valentine's Day floral arrangements, WOW! I also had a couple of meals at the hotel and everything was quite good. I had a wonderful experience at the Sofitel and I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Lake tahoe
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Very very disappointing. I do not know why anyone would want to stay here except it is a great location.

The bed was uncomfortable the comforter smelled like it had never been washed. The bathroom looked cool till I looked inside the shower and saw the mold.

I only stayed one night although I had planned to stay longer. I notified the front desk of the issues but, all they did is say they were sorry, I would never go back. Lots of hype for nothing but a let down.

Room Tip: Can not recommend this one.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

We had just arrived after a long flight from Australia, but were excited to have landed and start our holiday. At check in, the receptionist was perfectly polite and helpful and offered to give us a room with a balcony. Upon entering the room...no balcony. I was also looking forward to a long bath but no bath tub (unusual for a large hotel)

The concierge were quite unhelpful, we asked a question one morning and got a slap happy reply until he saw cash folded in my husbands hand and then fired up a conversation and answered all questions. Another concierge remarked to us one morning to "not forget your umbrella today, its going to rain" , very helpful information but could have been more helpful if he added to that statement that the hotel offers complimentary umbrellas for guests

We also purchased the internet for one night.....don't bother as it was soooo slow, we rang and told them to take if off our account as we had to sleep for an early flight. The receptionist on the other end understood our issues and immediately took the internet charge off our account.

The main problem I had with this hotel was that I had made 2 reservatiions, the first for 2 nights, the second for one night. All prepaid through expedia. I emailed prior to our arrival to have the 2 reservations merged, I also confirmed at check in that the 2 reservations were to be merged, however on our seond day (the end of the first reservation), we had housekeeping knocking on our door asking when we were checking out, I went to reception and they said no promblems and took another imprint of our credit card. After a full day out we arrived back at the hotel to find our room keys did not work.....off to reception again we go, they reissued yet another 2 guest room keys. Surely it does not have to be that hard!!!

On the upside the rooms we nicely decorated clean and the bed was so amazingly comfortable and we slept like babies

Would recommend this hotel, they just need to iron out a few bugs and train their staff a bit better. Another bonus is that the tourist double decker bus stopped just across the road from the hotel and did 3 loops of LA, the first Santa Monica, the second Hollywood including Kodak and Chinese theater and the third, downtown being Chinatown and Japantown.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cherloveschampies
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

First stay in a Sofitel, and based on this experience, it will not be our last! The room was a good size as was the bathroom. Love the L'Occitane amenities. The bed ranks as one of the best I've slept in at a hotel. Both the Front Desk and Concierge service was very efficient, friendly and helpful. Outdoor pool looked nice, but we did not have time to use it.

Food at SimonLA was good with a nice variety. Restaurant service was good with the exception of one afternoon (we were having drinks on the patio, and were forgotten after being served). Bar was lively with creative drink options.

Hotel location was good, very central to getting around. There is a Hertz car rental two blocks away which we used.

Would stay here again, and recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple