“Charming place”

Ranked #23 of 91 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Berlin, Germany
“Charming place”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

The small hacienda-like hotel - more like a bed and breakfast - has few, but charming and individually decorated rooms with names like Shangri-La or The Hollywood Room. We had a TV and a private bathroom. Lovely mexican Margarita makes a good breakfast with eggs and fruit. The cosy living room may be used by the guests. We loved to stay there and we'll be back!

Room Tip: I would recommend the Shangri-La room because it is big and has warm colours. The Hollywood room fac...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank lims_11
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I dont understand how people can give a bad review on this nice place! If they want a luxery hotel in Beverly Hills they should pay for one, with the budget they spend here they might have enough for breakfast :) I stayed in cinema suites with my son for 3 nights before moving to San Diego and regretted i didn't booked for whole stay instead ! Great house nice and clean room and best location. Housekeeper Margareta was very sweet to me and my son and made us breakfast in morning. Owner Dianne is a great lady! In 3 words we just love Dianne, LA and the cinema suites!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Carine J
Sechelt, BC
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We stayed as a family and had all four rooms from May 19-24, 2011 in order to be able to attend my daughter's wedding. Overall, we like the place quite a lot. The price was very good for what was offered. We got a price break because we were bringing in so much business, and we were allowed to park one car on the premises because my mother is 92. But there was no problem parking on the street nearby for the other cars. Lots of good things for breakfast -- we did some of the cooking, but the housekeeper (a nice Mexican woman) did some, too. Lots of oranges for fresh-squeezed juice, plenty of eggs, coffee, tea, etc. We had our grandson, age 3, and he could play with the little daughter of the owner, not to mention kids who were visiting them (they have a nice little bungalow in the back of the property). Very honest people, too -- I discovered an error in the billing after I returned home and they corrected it right away and sent a refund to my credit card.

I notice that some people complain about cleanliness. It's an older home, so that may be the principal problem. Also, the beds are not great, but they are serviceable. Finally, it is on Fairfax, which is a busy thoroughfare, so you should expect traffic noise in the rooms overlooking the street.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank mmmickey55
Pacific Grove, California
Reviewed 23 April 2011

No curtain on bathroom window (free peep show to any onlookers), stained carpet, noisy from street traffic, hot, smelly (pet accidents?). Couldn't find it when I arrive in LA around 9pm because the picture on the website makes it look so much better. Was told to "make myself at home" which included taking my stuff up to Room 4 in the dark hallway (no lights on for me). When I finished doing that noone was around so I skipped the possibility of some ice. Got to sleep at 2:40am thanks to the traffic noise. The next day, as I made a few trips to my car, the owner was at a computer. No mention of any coffee or breakfast (it is stated as self-serve but I didn't even know where the kitchen was nor did I want to explore). I was just thrilled to get out of there. Not sure why some people loved it. The terrible smell wasn't as bad in the morning and must get trapped in the house during warm days/nights - maybe from the floors or carpets? They use insense to mask it but it didn't work. Icky neighborhood. A strange man was standing by my car trunk when I went out in the morning. In trying to hurry and load things, I fell over the curb and onto the lawn (street parking only). The whole thing was awful.

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
27 Thank cate2011
Hlywdfinest, Owner at Cinema Suites Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 April 2011
When the guest called and said she couldn't find our location we ran outside in our P.J.'s to wave her down. Our address is in 2 places so there should be no reason why someone couldn't find us. We do not own pets nor are they allowed. The owner is allergic to incense so we DO NOT burn them to cover up anything. We clearly state this is a BIG city B&B and yes we are Beverly Hills adjacent on a busy street that does have traffic passing by. As for the bathroom curtain, there is an enormous fan palm outside the window that blocks all view. But please be assured that a curtain is going up. As for the "icky neighborhood" the house next door sold for 2 million dollars.

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Excelsior Springs, Missouri
Reviewed 31 March 2011

We were on our annual five-day trip to visit my dad for his birthday (he's 89 this year) and we always book a night somewhere different so we can have time to ourselves. I am SO glad I found this place - it was perfect and just what we needed! This was the first B&B I've ever been to where breakfast was DIY and I found it kind of strange going into someone else's cabinets and fridge but that's exactly how Dianne has it set up. Eggs and cheese for omelets are provided and if I'd thought about it I'd have probably brought some bacon, but still, I love to cook and it was a treat! Fairfax is a fairly busy street but our room - the Carole Lombard - was nice and quiet. Thanks, Dianne!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple