Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fantastic!

I’ve done multiple tours and I plan to do more this has been an amazing experience! I look forward... read more

Reviewed 13 July 2020
Y4038BGamandaa
Online Virtual Tour

I am at the moment watching this online (Virtual Tour), this is such an amazing City of Angeles... read more

Reviewed 27 April 2020

from US$ 120.00
from US$ 35.00
from US$ 52.00
More Info
All reviews downtown la his knowledge interesting things fantastic tour an amazing experience neel information guide hollywood
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 July 2019 via mobile

I have just spent a week staying in a Downtown LA hotel accompanying my partner who was at a conference. I was lucky enough to take the Old & New Downtown LA tour with Neel on the first afternoon. I enjoyed it so much that I progressively booked a tour each day for the week. One day I even did two tours. The groups were small which meant it was easier to engage with the guide and to keep close enough to hear what was being said. I had a tour where I was the only participant and I really appreciated the fact that they were professional enough not to cancel the tour which would have meant I would have had no planned activity that day. The tours took me to parts of L.A. that I would never otherwise gone to and I heard interesting things about the buildings and places we visited which bought the places to life. I highly recommend the tours. I encountered 4 different guides and they were all friendly, knowledgeable and engaging. The guides all had recommendations for places to eat and visit. These guided walks meant the I had a thoroughly enjoyable week in Downtown LA.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank 621billb
Reviewed 27 June 2019 via mobile

I had a great time on the tour. Phil, the guide, was very knowledgeable and friendly. He was open to questions and gave great tips for other sites to check out in L.A. I really enjoyed hearing the history behind the buildings we saw, and two hours was the perfect amount of time. I enjoyed the tour and highly recommend.

Reviewed 25 June 2019 via mobile

Our guide was very knowledgeable and obviously enjoyed sharing her extensive knowledge with us. Her enthusiasm bubbled through, and she made an effort to talk to everyone in the group separately.

Two critics: it wasn't very spooky at all. No real ghost stories, more like murder here, odd death there. Except for the Cecil Hotel. She convinced me never to stay there!

#2 - We were there for a ghost tour. None of us need a less on racial/sexual orientation inequality. Also, keep your politics out of it. You may not like conservative people, that was very clear, but they are people too - your guests in this case. Treating guests poorly is not the way to go.

Stick to ghost stories and everyone well have a better time.

Date of experience: June 2019
Explore20075749195, Manager at LA Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2019

We are meant to express the historical context of what led to some of the murders with the attempts to describe the tensions at the time. We do not go into current political climate topics.

Reviewed 24 June 2019

Although my wife and I live in Los Angeles, we decided to take this walking tour. We found the full two hours very informative. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed 24 June 2019

robertt was excellent . very knowledgeable. explained things well. definitely recommend him if you are going for the first time.