Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fantastic!

I’ve done multiple tours and I plan to do more this has been an amazing experience! I look forward... read more

Reviewed 13 July 2020
Y4038BGamandaa
Online Virtual Tour

I am at the moment watching this online (Virtual Tour), this is such an amazing City of Angeles... read more

Reviewed 27 April 2020

from US$ 120.00
from US$ 35.00
from US$ 52.00
More Info
All reviews downtown la his knowledge interesting things fantastic tour an amazing experience neel information guide hollywood
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 May 2019

Took the tour on May 18, 2019. Informative. Well paced. Helpful guide. I wish I had booked the afternoon tour of the central market with the same guide.

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank Donald P
Reviewed 13 May 2019

Thank you Phil! This tour was a great way to see Downtown LA from a different perspective to how tourists often see LA. Phil was an interesting and informative guide, the two hours passing in no time at all! We would never have discovered the history of Downtown LA by ourselves, taking this tour was a definite highlight of our trip for my husband and I! Thanks again Phil, I only wish we had discovered this tour company earlier in our stay so we could have taken more of your tours!

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank Goshy
Reviewed 3 May 2019 via mobile

For my first trip to LA I booked the new and old walking tour and can only recommend it. My tour guide, Chris, was very knowledgeable and engaging, making the tour a fun and informative activity.

Reviewed 1 May 2019

Out Textile Group from San Francisco arranged a tour of the LA Fashion DIstrict. Our guides, Neal and Juliet, were knowledgeable and responsive. The tour was both educational and fun and we got a lot of information and stories during our tours. We covered fashion and flower destinations and historic architecture. I would definitely book another tour with DTLA next trip.

Reviewed 16 April 2019

We went on a school tour to Chinatown and Olvera Street with DTLA. I have posted some of the student's reviews. We had a great time.

Not only was the tour well put together, but it was also tailored to what we were learning in class. It made the tour more interactive when we knew what the tour guide was talking about and were able to ask insightful questions. We were shown the highlights of Chinatown and got time to absorb everything. The tour was not just facts on facts but had details and stories to make the experience enjoyable for teenagers.

Overall such an amazing experience and I would recommend trying it.

To Neal and the other tour guides
I loved how you guys didn’t rush though the tour even when we were one hour late and how you guys explained through all the history of chinatown. Even for the people who already went to chinatown multiple times before, you still made an enjoyable time for everyone digging into the history and the present day chinatown.

Thank you Neel for the wonderful tour through China Town and Olvera Street. I enjoyed the comments and info shared on areas, especially when you explained why we don’t have a Little Italy in LA. I would also like to specifically thank you for waiting for us after the complications with the train; the trip wouldn’t have been the same if not for your kindness and patience.

Our school’s experience with touring Chinatown with Neil was fantastic. He had a lot of knowledge about the area and was very excited to teach it to us. He also had a lot of pictures on the ipad that were very helpful. I was so thankful that he waited for us even though our train was a full hour late.

I felt like I received a lot of interesting information which made me more engaged in the tour.
My tour did not feel rushed at all and I felt very comfortable walking around.
I loved how the tour really went into detail about the history and the culture in Chinatown.

The tour of Chinatown and Olvera Street by Neel was very impressive. Neel made sure we understood what it was exactly that we were looking at as we walked and also made sure to give us some history about the many different locations.

Our tour guide, Julia, was very thorough. At every stop she led us to, she presented pictures that showed what that stop had once looked like. These pictures provided a visual representation and more insight which helped us better appreciate the information that she gave us. She also tried to find us shade to stand in whenever we stopped to hear the history, which was very considerate of her.

Neel was astounding, he knew exactly what to do, what to tell us, and when to do it. He was very professional and I recommend you take this tour to learn many interesting facts about China town and Olvera street.

Our tour was very interesting and our tour guide mentioned important subjects including specific dates, locations, and names. He told us about the significance of many buildings around us, and even fun facts like some restaurants and shops that were used as movie sets. I learned a lot of new things that were actually surprising and intriguing.

We went on a school Tour with DTLA, what a great time. I've posted some of our students reactions

I thoroughly enjoyed my tour through Chinatown. My favorite part of the tour was how personal Neel made it feel when the various movie sets were pointed out, as it made the area more relatable, and it sort of made it feel like the area was partly my own. I was surprised at the sheer volume of history which was revealed to me about this area; although I knew the enclave was historic, I didn’t realize how much interesting history there was about this area with regards to film, failed city planning, marketing, etc.