“only one day in L A.?”

and up
Old and New Downtown Los Angeles Tour
Ranked #31 of 257 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing daily guided walking tours of Downtown Los Angeles and its surrounding neighborhoods. We walk the City, step inside world-class monuments, tell stories, learn the history and experience the architecture of the City of Angels!
Reviewed 10 July 2017

good place to visit,This trip will give you a relax and enjoyable time.old train and new office bldg, time change within a mintue.

All reviews
"broad museum"
"come alive"
"union station"
in 7 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"la tour"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit to L.A., and as with most new cities, I always look for a tour as a way of establishing the history, culture and central points of a new place that I'm visiting. DTLA was no different. Having discovered the hard way that L.A was diffuse and sprawling (trudging through an industrial area for the best part of 30 minutes), meeting our guide for the L.A's Beginnings tour was a welcome respite from attempting to understand the workings of the city on our own.

The tour was full of information and interesting stopping points, and our guide, Nicky, proved very knowledgeable and seemed enthusiastic about the subject matter - all the guides carry iPads to add to the tour via photos, movie clips and old city plans which bring the city to life. We did the Old and New Downtown tour in the afternoon, too, so a full day of activities for a modest $30 seemed very reasonable and was great value for money. We went on the tour during a major heatwave too, so it was appreciated that our guide worked to find shade where possible.

My only (very small) comment about the tour would be that - as you'd expect with such informative guides - the commentary from our guide sounded slightly more rehearsed than natural, which slightly took the sheen off a genuine enthusiasm. It would have been nice to deviate slightly from a script in favour of injections of personality, humour or personal anecdotes - but this is just a personal preference that in no way affected the high quality of the tour!

For the sheer comprehensive nature of the tour's coverage, as well as its brilliant value for money and enthusiastic tour guides, this must be one of the best, most reasonably priced tour outlets in L.A. Would recommend!

Reviewed 5 July 2017

This was my 5th time in LA, but the first time in downtown. I really discovered the area with the help of this tour - the tour is well planned, has exact balance of history, walking and interesting stories. We learned a lot, and the guide was also openly discussing our questions. Best part of this latest LA trip.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Most people don't explore downtown Los Angeles until their third or fourth trip to the city and I am not exception to that rule. What I found is that the character, culture and history of DTLA is a lot more interesting than some of the more famous tourist attractions that people come to Los Angeles to visit.

Downtown LA Walking Tours provide tours on virtually every aspect of downtown LA and all of them are detailed and interesting. The tour guides all have an extensive understanding of the history of Los Angeles and they carry an ipad to show you photographs or movie clips of people they are talking about, movies or television shows that were shot there, or how the area used to look.

There are a lot of better advertised tour companies in Los Angeles but, for my money, Downtown LA Walking Tours is one of the very best values for your dollar. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank mddeblois