“Great- even for those who live in LA!!”

Downtown LA Walking Tours
Ranked #31 of 290 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing daily guided walking tours of Downtown Los Angeles and its surrounding neighborhoods. We walk the City, step inside world-class monuments, tell stories, learn the history and experience the architecture of the City of Angels!
Reviewed 19 June 2017

My daughter and I arranged our tour for Father's Day for my husband. We all had a GREAT time! Our tour guide, Nicky, was extremely enthusiastic and very knowledgable! While we live here in LA, we never knew the history of downtown. We all feel as if we will be better hosts to our out-of-ton guests now!! Highly recommended!

All reviews
"tour today"
"great afternoon"
"broad museum"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"la tour"
in 34 reviews
"beginnings"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Neel, did an exception job in explaining downtown LA architecture and providing interesting stories about history of buildings and architectural styles. The tour is definitely worth the time and is an excellent value.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

My first proper visit to downtown LA in many years - I booked 4 separate walking tours with Downtown LA Walking Tours and they were each excellent. Locals who were passionate about their City and their subject, professional, had loads of knowledge and extra information for all the questions we posed...can't say enough positive things about them! If you want to get a real feel for this City, do one or more of their walking tours. My favourite tours were the Downtown Architecture and the Arts District - so much to explore here...I will certainly do more tours when I am next in town.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

As someone who has taken multiple trips to the states from Australia, I've kind of come to know Los Angelesas a kind of necessary evil - a place to fly into and out of the country through, to do some shopping, maybe go to the beach and get out to the rest of the country. It was probably my 6th visit to LA and I had never spent any time downtown. I'd heard the voices from other tourists and guidebooks saying to stay away, go to Santa Monica or the theme parks, or Beverly hills etc, there's nothing for you downtown.

Yesterday, I decided to take a tour and see for myself, and I was so glad I did, I feel like I finally understand LA for the first time. I took the old and new tour which focussed on the history and specifically the gentrification (and hipsterfication) of LA and how that's brought new life to the city. This is happening now, evidence of it everywhere! The run down vs the hipster newness bringing it back to life. People coming back into the city to live and play. I was thoroughly impressed.

It was a small tour group of 3, which suited me fine. Our guide, Nikki, was not a native to Los Angeles but she showed a passion and understanding of the city that made it very enjoyable. She was clearly very knowledgeable and a good tour guide. It was not a huge amount of walking for 2 hours, maybe a couple of kms.

Would absolutely recommend dtla walking tours, more than anything, for those who have held off dtla like I did to give it another go, but DTLA tours are a great way to be introduced to the city and get an understanding of it in a safe, informative, and entertaining way.

Date of experience: May 2017