“Perfect airport hotel”

Ranked #40 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect airport hotel”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed here with short notice after a change to our travel plans. We were pleasantly surprised. The rooms are large, the wifi free, the beds comfortable, the airport shuttle brilliant. Being an airport hotel it's not somewhere I would stay for longer periods but it did the job very well. We took a local bus to Santa Monica and back very easily and safely in the evening, not much more than 30 mins travel time. There's good shopping to spend the waiting time with a great T J Maxx only minutes north (also on a local bus).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Happywalkabout
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 26 April 2012

First time at Courtyard because it was close to LAX. It was also much cheaper than JW Marriott or the Ritz Carlton, which were my first two choices. The rates were crazy because they are in walking distance to the Staple Center. The hotel is contemporary looking and updated. I like being able to print out your boarding pass in the lobby. The check in was easy and go with valet parking for $20 because it cost the same to self park overnight in the parking lot. The room we stayed in was a double queen and bigger than alot of rooms I have stayed in. The only issues were a stain on the carpet that looked gross, they should really clean that asap. I did not like the placement of the bathroom. It felt like the toilet was next to the bed and I don't want to hear whats going on in there. Also, you have to touch the bathroom door handle to get to the sink to wash your hands. I would bet that door handle does not get cleaned. So be aware of the germs. There isn't an exhaust fan in the bathroom either. So ladies make your husband open a window before he goes in there, if you get what I'm saying. The bed could be better and the pillows are no good. I woke up with my neck hurting and my husband woke up with his back hurting.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bball-Mom03
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We spent the night between flights. The hotel was everyone you could expect from an inexpensive chain. Clean, bright and offers a very nice breakfast. What was unusual was the extremely nice and helpful staff. That applied to every single person we met. Management much be very good indeed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank SantafeSlim
Great Falls, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I rested at this hotel during a long stopover between Charlotte and Melbourne. What a gem - although I'm a business traveler and frequently stay at Courtyards, I was pleasantly surprised at how updated and contemporary my hotel room was. I'd say better than your average Courtyard, and since Courtyards are my hotel of choice, this is high praise indeed. They have a shuttle to the airport so transportation isn't an issue. After I checked out of the hotel and went to the airport for my connecting flight, I found it had been delayed for 3 hours....so I called the hotel and asked them if I could come back and use my room again....no problem they said. Great service.

Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Dickeydido
Blairstown, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel between a flight in from New York and one out to Melbourne. We wanted to rest before our midnight flight out and this hotel was exactly what we needed. It is modern and the beds were comfortable. Best of all, it was nice and quiet so we could nap in the afternoon. There was no problem with an early check-in. We'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family