“Spectacular”

Los Angeles Bike the Beach Tour
Ranked #80 of 564 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Los Angeles Convention Center attracts millions of visitors annually and is renowned internationally as a prime site for conventions, trade shows, and exhibitions. Located in the cultural, business, and entertainment mecca of Downtown Los Angeles, the LACC is an integral economic component of the Southern California area, and remains an enduring symbol of environmental sustainability and social responsibility for our community. First opened to the public in 1971, the LACC has since undergone modernization and expansion; as a testament to our continuous effort to enhance our facility and services, the LACC is embarking on its fourth phase of renovation under AEG’s management this year. The year-long transformation will enhance both functionality and aesthetics of the LACC, and will include replacing existing carpet, installing the latest energy-efficient products such as “cool roofs” and new air handling units, completely remodeling the theatre, and upgrading IT infrastructure and operating systems throughout the Center.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Stairs / lift
Las Vegas, Nevada
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Spectacular”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I really love all the events here. Easy hotel access. Great little bits of food nearby the parking is a pain, its better to park a few blocks away and take a cab

Visited August 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“LA. LIVE!!!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Magnificent Place to spend a weekend. Lots of Entertainment, music and lots of different folks!!... My husband and I had a splendid wkkend, just the two of us. We love to travel and explore different places and attractions.. you are never to old to have some.fun.

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Anime Expo 2012”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Even though I was there for two days, it was still amazing. Wish I could have stayed longer. Will be back next year. Though the parking was a pain.

Visited June 2012
Seattle, Washington
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Nice Venue”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

As always, it's home to the Electronic Entertainment Expo each year. It's been some years since I've been there until my trip this month. Still a lot of room despite E3 itself shrinking a bit. The last time I came, in 2003, there were three halls set up, but this year only two. Has to do with convention itself I imagine. Lots of room and works well for E3, even with the large crowd that attends this event. Seems area has been improved since I've last been, which is always a nice bonus.

Getting to convention center is still easy. Catch Metro Blue line to Pico, or the recently added Expo Line, and you'll be within walking distance of the convention center.

More curious about what they're going to do with West Hall, since it's currently said that they plan on tearing it down to build a football stadium. If so, that could greatly affect the conventions that come to this convention center. At least E3 specifically, since it so heavily relies on all that space. I'm hoping they resolve that issue soon.

Visited June 2012
San Francisco, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Venue”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Our International Training Event had 20K + attendees, and things ran very smoothly and organized. The sound was awesome from any part of the hall. The major dislike in my opinion was that 1 hour at the Starbucks line was not enough to actually get to order a cup of coffee. After 1 hour we had to abandon the line as our even was about to kick off. I estimated that there were at least 150 people still ahead of us by then. They should definitely have more stands.

Another observation though it didn' happen to me personally, I hear people complaing about toilet paper had run out in men's bathroom.

The parking facility were great and easy to access the halls from there.

Visited May 2012