Americas Best Value Inn - Dodger Stadium / Hollywood
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$ 216
US$ 261
US$ 235
US$ 497
  • Pool
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
US$ 651
US$ 463
  • Pool
Chamberlain West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$ 286
US$ 278
US$ 144
US$ 138
FourPoints.com
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$ 415
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$ 362
US$ 354
  • Beachfront
All reviewsecho parkmohawk bendmicrowave and fridgequiet at nightthe hotel managerclean roomsshower headeach morningthe room was nicemin walkwould stay here againneighborhoodmoteldowntownhollywooddumpysoap
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Was looking for a good affordable place to stay during our trip in LA. About 20 minutes drive to the town area. The neighbourhood is rather quiet at night, not really safe to walk around but we drove, so not that bad. The staff were OK. The room was clean, fully air-conditioned. Most importantly, the toilets are clean. Everything in the room was fine. Initially, the impression I had for Inns were rather run down, but America's Value Inn at North Alvarado Street turns out to be a different perspective. Walked down the street along the main road about 5 minutes, you can find lots of Mexican food, Subway, Starbucks. Most importantly, for a place like this, the prices are really affordable if you are on a budget trip to LA.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Pinkmartini88
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I read a lot of reviews for hotels in LA but wanted something cheap in the city. so I chose this knowing it was a gamble. I was very nervous after reading other reviews. I was expecting a worse neighborhood. It definitely wasn't great, but we felt safe because there were so many other tourists staying there and cameras watching our car and the hotel. There was a school right next to the hotel and businesses. We loved our room. It was large and clean and very contemporary and classy. It looks like they recently painted it in bold colors and put up art and new furniture. The bathroom was newer and nice except the terrible one ply tp. There was a large tv and refrigerator and microwave. The internet worked well. I was disappointed with the breakfast. It was just muffins and danish. The lady at the desk let us borrow extra metro cards which was great. We decided to take public transportation which is just 5 bucks a day for unlimited bus and metro. We took the 200 bus which stops in front of the hotel to the metro about 2 miles south. Or you can walk a block up to sunset and take many buses from there all over.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank christy1030
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I wanted to put a room on hold for some family members, so I called them. The woman said they still have a room and that she'd put it on hold. She asked for my last name and than hung up the phone pretty quick. 2 hours later my family arrived there and all rooms where gone. So I called again. The woman who picked up the phone told me they gave it away after an hour (understandable, would have liked a warning though) and that she would have needed a credit card number. She definetly did NOT give me THAT information. When I complained that I got kind of missinformed by her she said by and hung up on me.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank lttg
Reviewed 27 September 2010

We recently stayed at this hotel to avoid the drive home (approx 40 miles away) after a concert and night on the town. The hotel staff was very accomodating and welcoming and the room was actually better than expected. We were able to walk to the Staples center and LA Live and then around downtown as well. If you need a place to stay in downtown and want a clean room that's affordable I would highly recommend this hotel. We felt so comfortable we've decided to stay at this hotel everytime we plan a night out in the city.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank satchel82
Reviewed 27 April 2010

The story of our stay:

1. We find the place online. $62? Great. And it looks like it's right by Silverlake and the freeway. Perfect.

2. We arrive. Turns out it's not quite in Silverlake. A little closer to Shadesville. Coming inside, we're greeted by the lovely and inviting Plexiglas window to protect the desk clerk. Good for him. Where's ours?

3. We begin to sense a vague creepiness that we just can't pinpoint. I'm not normally picky about hotels. When I'm on vacation I come to the hotel to sleep and shower; all I ask is that it be quiet and clean. And it seemed to be ok. The room looked fine at first - decent size, clean-ish bathroom, functioning internet, normal motel amenities. But something just felt "off" here.

4. We notice that there is something alive in the wall. Some kind of insect or rodent noise coming from *inside* the wall between the main room and the bathroom. It didn't sound like a cricket or cicada but it wasn't a pipe or heater noise either. My girlfriend begins to freak out.

5. The brown thing. We find an approx. 1 inch roundish clump of a brown unidentified substance on the floor next to the bed. It looks somewhere between a dessicated poo and a clump of coffee grounds. There is no coffee maker in the room. I can't prove that it was poo, but it sure wasn't pleasant.

6. We decide we're leaving. It's 11:30 the same night we arrived and we abandon ship for a normal motel in actual Silverlake. This is the first time in my life I've ever done this. As if to confirm we made the right choice, we notice a sign in the stairwell stating that "products used or sold on these premises contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer." I don't know if this is a common thing, but it was the first time I'd noticed that sign anywhere.

7. On a positive note, the night clerk was very pleasant when we checked out.

8. My girlfriend's cell phone - in her purse - mysteriously called mine as we were driving away. I wonder what Ghost Hunters would turn up at this place.

Not recommended.