“Not as impressed as I had hoped”

Sharky's Woodfired Mexican Grill
Ranked #1,481 of 10,843 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: North Hollywood
Description: At Sharky's we're committed to the freshest and most natural ingredients available. That means in addition to NO MSG, NO LARD,and NO MICROWAVES, we guarantee quick and delicious meals that taste great and are beneficial to your health and our planet.
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

From the name, which includes 'wood fire grill' I was hoping for some really smoky flavored chicken in my fajita bowl. I also would really have preferred to sit down and be waited on rather than standing in a slow line which ended clear outside the door on a cool breezy evening. We almost gave up and left. It seemed like the ordering process was very slow, with only one person taking orders at the counter. There were plenty of tables available, so individual waiters would have gotten our food ordered much faster. Once we placed our order at the counter finally, our food was brought to us fairly quickly by a very friendly waitress. I enjoyed the fajita bowl with chicken, but it seemed rather ordinary in flavor and ingredients. I could tell it was all very fresh food made with quality products. My hibiscus ginger tea was excellent. The location and parking lot are convenient.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We have been going here regularly - - nice to have options like grilled salmon salad. Fresh food - - tasty, and nicely plated for a casual spot.

Reviewed 19 May 2016

Nice Décor, fantastic food, friendly staff.. Harvest Quinoa Salad was fresh and delicious. Comfortable setting for a meeting, hanging with friends or alone. A salsa bar is deliciously fresh, help yourself

Reviewed 25 March 2015

Sharky's provides a nice selection of Mexican style food not too far off the Hollywood Blvd. Some organic and GMO free options as well as a low cal section provides plenty of options for people with dietary requirements. The wet burrito was big enough for two, was served with chips, and a fountain drink for around $10. The area next to the fountain drinks has a nice selection of sauces that are clearly labeled to guess the "hotness". The staff was friendly and the food was delivered quick.

Reviewed 22 December 2014 via mobile

I am working in Newport Beach today, so decided to try Sharky's. I ordered the salad with "veggies". I am making a conscious effort to eat healthier, so chose this salad. While it was good, I have one complaint. I wish that restaurants would disclose what is included in "veggies ". I don't like onions and peppers, and they upset my stomach. I would have asked for something different if I had known what was in this salad. I think that is why Chipotle is so popular... you get what you order, and no hidden distasteful items in your meal!