“Good food”

Kabuki Japanese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kabuki Japanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,462 of 10,402 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

We were all craving for Japanese food and we were not disappointed. When we got there place was not full but as we were finishing up, there was a line. Mostly families. Food was good except they dont have any teaspoon or small fork for children.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We went to dinner two nights ago. The parking lot is tiny and full. Park on street. We walked in and Pedro took our name and guest count. After sitting in a packed/loud lobby for 30 mins we watched two other parties of 4 who came after us be seated. My mother-in-law then checked why we were not being seating....Pedro had put our party as 6 people. We were seated and for another 15 minutes no one comes to say hello or get us drinks. As a few women servers are laughing, chatting with people they know in the lobby and not paying attention to any tables the manager (I think) notices and comes to take our order. He takes the drink and food order, by that time we should have left. Two more table are seating in the bar and they somehow get greeted immediately, so on.... Our food takes an hour from the time we sit to reach the table. Not cooked how we asked...At that time some frazzled waitress comes to apologize to us for not ever coming to the table. We couldn't hear what she was saying she mumbled so quickly.. Her uniform was messy and so was her hair. There were togo order customers yelling at Pedro and servers yelling at the sushi line because they fed a customer shrimp and she was allergic. The shrimp lady was freaking out pacing between the bathroom and her table... As all of this was happening I couldn't help but laugh. It was the biggest mess I have ever seen in a restaurant. The waiters we running after the manager blaming the cooks. The cooks were yelling and blaming the waiters for mistakes. There's about 5 more sushi places on Ventura. Go somewhere else. The place is loud and the servers are dirty looking, rude and don't service tables. We will NEVER go back. This was the WORST experience I've ever had at a public restaurant. The only good thing about it is I could turn this night into a TV show and the clean cut manager guy who seemed to be doing EVERYONES job. My advice - fire everyone but him. Huge waste of time and money.

Reviewed 1 January 2017

We dined on the afternoon of Christmas Day before it was busy and because it was a convenient location to meet friends. Our server was very good and knowledgeable about my gluten and soy challenges. The food was well prepared. However, as a frequent sushi eater, I wasn't blown away. Better tasting sushi can be found for less money. That day they ran out of coffee and a couple of other items on the menu.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Good size portions, good service, but the food wasn't very good. Used to go to the one in the Howard hughs complex. Not as good, but the menu has changed. Will not be back.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I live in the area and passed this place hundreds of times driving on Ventura Blvd. One evening, my husband and I wanted to try some place we haven't been to before. We have our favorite sushi places in the valley but we thought, "What the heck! Let's try it!" I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. There's a valet in the parking lot so that's always a plus for me. I noticed the parking lot was full (another plus!) and asked the valet if it was busy. He said we should be able to get a table. The hostess sat us downstairs which is really just in the back of the restaurant. There are two stairs you have to go down. No biggie. The service was very good. The server gave really good recommendations on what she thought we should try. My husband loved it so there goes another plus. I really liked the variety on the menu. I thought my three kids would like the food here so I brought them back to try it the next day. Same great service and my kids really enjoyed their meal. Can't ask for anything else. I've made this place my go to Japanese restaurant for the family!