“Lively French style restaurant”
Review of La Poubelle

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Reviewed 5 October 2016

Great little restaurant, serving french style cuisine, reasonable priced and excellent food. Lively in the evenings from 6pm onwards and definitely worth a visit if you are staying locally.

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

We was staying at a hotel nearby and decided to give this a try .

The experience from start to finish was terrible .

We had to wait 10 mins before anyone even acknowledged us and came to serve .

Our appetisers then came and we had been given no cutlery. It took an age to get someone to bring any and so the food had started to go cold .

My wife's main was ok but just that - she had the chicken . I had moules and my initial shock was that there was only 12 moules in the dish . As I worked through them some were cold and 3 were not even open and the sauce was very bitter . Could not get anyone's attention to complain .

When the food arrived I asked for another glass of wine and this never arrived .

When we finished a waiter eventually arrived and asked how it has been . When I told him it was not good he just would not believe me !!!!!

Reviewed 15 April 2016 via mobile

Ordered snails, followed by filet mignon for my main course. Both were gorgeous. Certainly didn't regret the hour long Uber ride to Hollywood after eating at La Poubelle. Delicious!

Reviewed 29 January 2016

The restaurant is nicely decorated and the food is really good (we had the confit de canard and the boeuf bourguignon) but unfortunately there was not nearly enough to eat! It's a shame, especially when the food is this good!

Reviewed 13 January 2016

We were staying in this neighbourhood which is awesome by the way and were told about this restaurant. Is it being from Montreal and having lived in Paris that made me harsh in my appreciation of this place? Or was the timing poor...we were there at the very beginning of the new year...
It took three tries to get a bottle of rosé wine that was actually available. The one featured on the brunch menu at a very reasonable price had run out a couple of days ago according to our waiter.
The frisé salad was average and the portion was quite small.
The croque monsieur was okay. Nothing to write home about. No bread was served which could have helped filling the ones who had the salad. Service was friendly however quite slow considering we were a handful of guests on their terrace.
I do wonder if there is a real French person in the kitchen...
Voilà from a Montrealer!