“My Favorite 3 Items”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Reviewed 8 January 2017

I've been to Brothers Sushi several times and have tried an assortment of menu items. But when all is said and done, the three things that keep me coming back, again and again, are the rich tacos, the Hawaiian poke, and the oysters on the half shelf. You won't find the rich tacos anywhere else (at least I haven't). The poke - one of my all-time favorite foods - hits the spot, especially with the avocado. And then the oysters. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to other sushi places and ordered the oysters and said, "Nope, these aren't as good as Brothers'!"

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

Was looking for sushi on our way to Whole Foods and we piled into Brothers sushi. Thank God we passed up in the earlier sushi restaurant we saw. We are not from LA but visiting relatives and were looking to eat sushi.
This place is unbelievable, small place but great food and typical slow anything outside of NYC service.
Later we were told by family that this is a great sushi in the valley.

Definitely will comeback for more.

Reviewed 5 June 2016

I have eaten here a number of times over the years (this place has been around for at least 30 years) and find the food and service to be excellent. However, similar to other reviewers, it is not a cheap place to eat. Still it's value for money just be careful what you order.

1  Thank SingaporeBms
Reviewed 31 May 2016

Sorry, but absolutely nothing special. Beware that some of the prices on the specials are not clearly listed, the same goes for your bill- not itemized. This place came recommended to me, but I am afraid I will not be doing the same. $160 for two people (we shared a beer) for what we had was a bit over priced. The part with the whatever sushi is OK, it is trial and error, however the feeling that I was left with was kind of being taken for a ride with the previous listed will be lingering for a while.

Reviewed 2 July 2015

Did I say that this place was expensive? Did I say that it was hard on the wallet?

The fish is superb, no complaints. My wife and I are sushi snobs and I offer no apology for that condition. It has taken many dollars and too many sushi restaurants to not value the taste of great sushi. But this place makes it hard to enjoy a meal without feeling raped.

We can get the same meal at our local and very good sushi restaurant for less dollars spent and this would include modest alcohol consumption. We spent more on lunch with no drinks than we would with drinks locally. By local we mean still in the west valley not in south bum futz nowhere.

We used to come to Brothers and liked it, and we still do, but not for their prices.

Sadly we will likely not return without a good cause.