“Good Sushi, Hold on to Your Wallet.”
Review of Brothers Sushi

Brothers Sushi
Ranked #1,150 of 11,976 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Reviewed 2 July 2015

Did I say that this place was expensive? Did I say that it was hard on the wallet?

The fish is superb, no complaints. My wife and I are sushi snobs and I offer no apology for that condition. It has taken many dollars and too many sushi restaurants to not value the taste of great sushi. But this place makes it hard to enjoy a meal without feeling raped.

We can get the same meal at our local and very good sushi restaurant for less dollars spent and this would include modest alcohol consumption. We spent more on lunch with no drinks than we would with drinks locally. By local we mean still in the west valley not in south bum futz nowhere.

We used to come to Brothers and liked it, and we still do, but not for their prices.

Sadly we will likely not return without a good cause.

Date of visit: July 2015

Reviewed 4 May 2015

This was my second visit and again the food was very good. The service is attentive in this modest location - almost feels like you're in someone's house. But then the bill arrived and I almost fell out of my chair. Granted that I don't eat rolls with rice and mostly had all fish dishes. I just had never spent nearly $100 with tip for just me - and that was with one drink. I'd go back, but would be a little more careful next time.

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed 28 January 2015

Sashimi was perfect. Yellowtail belly, salmon, chutoro (prefer over otoro).
Asked for a handroll with uni sans rice. Was perfect
Great sake list.
Sat at Sushi bar (is there any other way to eat at a sushi restaurant?

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed 25 November 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing! After eating here no other shushi place that I've been to can come close to how great it taste. The owner goes every morning to the fish market at 4 am to hand pick the fish that he will be serving. It is the freshest most mouthwatering sushi you will ever eat. The Steve roll is delicious. The staff is super friendly and helpful. It's a nice little place with parking behind the building. Worth every penny!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Sushi snobs unite! Brothers Sushi in Woodland Hills just can't be beat and is a valley institution. I hate to say too much as the wait will get longer :-) It's the real deal when it comes to sushi...and their K Roll is the best roll around. There isn't a better sushi chef than Goro-San!

Date of visit: August 2014