“Fantastic coffee, smoothies, food”
Review of The Cow's End Cafe

The Cow's End Cafe
Ranked #1 of 358 Coffee & Tea in Los Angeles
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Venice
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the area for a few days and this was our go to for coffee. Great lattes, and the smoothies were fantastic. I had their Sriracha Bagel - really tasty. My partner enjoyed the avocado bagel. Even on a misty Monday morning, there was a 10-15 person line out the door. Thankfully, these guys are great, friendly and fast. I highly recommend this place! Wish they had one near my home on the east coast.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I went to The Cow's End Cafe to catch some breakfast. Their card is enormous with many delicious opportunities (egg, sandwiches, omelets, acai bowls) making it difficult to pick! I ended up with the protein acai bowl + matcha shake which both were very good!
The cafe is very laid back; you order at the bar and they only accept cash. Afterwards, you need to stand and wait for your order to be prepared. The kitchen is open for you to watch everything going on and the place is just great if you want to hang out and grab some easy, nice food.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Seemed they were changing menu that day, and the staff were trying their best to cope with the changes.
Egg omelette seemed it was a but bland, was it really made on the spot, or just heated on microwave?
Came with a side salad.
Coffee was good. Some tables outside on the street.
Would return to check it on a less busy day as it was a menu transition and perhaps also management transition.
Menu plentiful, with lots of options.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I love Cow's End. I always walk past Starbucks to stand in line here. The local vibe is on display, the baristas are friendly and talkative and the drinks are solid. The one draw back is that it's cash only (there's an ATM on site), but that's about it. If you're a dog lover you can almost always meet a friendly pup on the sidewalk out front. If you find yourself on the way to the beach and need a coffee or a nice smoothie - definitely stop in here.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

I was about to head back to my car after a day of biking the beach, and I saw a sign for juices and smoothies that drew me in... this place had a PLETHORA of options to choose from (my smoothie was delicious!), and it also served coffee, tea, and has a whole food counter! The best part is the hidden study lounge upstairs. It was a whole different world up there - lots of people on laptops in cute nooks and corners. If I lived in the area, this would be my go-to place! If you are considering going to the Starbucks across the street, go to the Cow's End instead! You will be happy you did.