Southwest Adventures Day Tours

One Day at Joshua Tree

Reviewed 22 November 2015
mpensak9
Washington DC, District of Columbia

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 June 2016

I went for the Death Valley tour and it was simply great! I saw so many beautiful places and I learned more about the region and the animals that live there (we saw quite a few of them during the trip). Aaron is very kind, talkative and knowledgeable, which makes him a great tour guide and travel companion. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone, who wants to explore this part of California.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 22 November 2015

What a fantastic day! Joshua Tree is such a special place and this was the perfect day tour to learn more about the park. The morning included a few touristy stops and then we had time to chose our own lunch in the town of Joshua Tree. The best part of the day were the 2 hikes and sunset views in the afternoon. Aaron is very knowledgeable and cares a lot about his guests! I would recommend for anyone wanting to get a taste of the area and park. I want to go back already :)

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank mpensak9
Reviewed 25 July 2015

This was so incredibly worth it! I travel to LA for work a lot and happen to have had a Monday appt, so I went early and spent the weekend on the overnight Joshua trip tour. This is a great way to check out Joshua Tree if you are a lone traveller or if you simply don't know how to navigate yourself around. The van is comfortable and Aaron was a great host- we made a bunch of cool stops along the way there and back, in addition to the incredible hikes within the park. His camping food was also excellent! This was well worth the money and time.

Date of experience: May 2015
2  Thank Carly H
Reviewed 10 June 2015

Aaron was an incredible guide, very kind and knowledgeable. The one day trip is incredible, lots of really interesting elements means the day is thoroughly interesting. The drive there and back is thoroughly comfortable. Joshua Tree really is a marvel, and is a must go-see if you are in LA. Get out, and explore!

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this trip or tour company to a friend.

Thank you, Aaron!

Date of experience: June 2015
1  Thank LUCY N
Reviewed 28 October 2014

I highly recommend Southwest Adventures. My group went on the Death Valley Adventure in April 2014 I've been camping many times and found Aaron to be a consummate professional. The stopover in Randsberg was very nice and we got to meet the Mayor. The weather was wild while we were in Death Valley and Aaron got up in the wee hours of the morning to secure our tents for rain so that we wouldn't have to get up/out. We wanted to see a lot of things and he packed a ton of activities in to the weekend including special requests to see the Racetrack and Salt Creek. The food was vegetarian but very hearty and delicious. The next time I visit Southern California I intend on booking with SWA next time I'm in Southern California and would highly recommend them to others.

Date of experience: April 2014