“Good Indian fix”

Cuisines: Indian
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

If you want ambiance, keep walking, because Urban Masala is definitely a no-frills establishment. But if you're in the mood for cheap, tasty Indian takeout, this is your place. We tried Chicken Tikka Masala, Saag Paneer, a Chicken Tikka wrap with fresh naan made to order, and a mango lassi and were happy with everything, not to mention shocked by the low prices for our masala bowls (rice + entree) that could have served for two meals. No complaints here.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Atrocious service! The facade of the restaurant looked appealing, so entered the place which had a warehouse like look. Picked up a vegetarian dish with rice, only to find it too salty to eat. I informed the people serving food about it - and the response I got was "It is like that only"! They had no courtesy to even say sorry, leave alone offering me another choice. I left the place leaving the full plate on the table, and once again while leaving, told them about the food. "Thank you Sir" was the response. Don't go near this place!

Reviewed 15 May 2017

I eat here every time I visit my son in Hollywood. Very tasty, fresh and affordable. It's great for a quick bit, although you can sit down and have a proper meal. I usually get take away.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

I stumbled upon this great place and decided to give it a try. I had the vegetarian tray and it was wonderful. large portions at a very fair price. Plenty of room to eat right on the blvd. Lots of selections and the service was fantastic. They offer free samples. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

we were walking along hollywood blvd looking for a place to eat & this place drew our interest. while it wasnt our first time to try indian food, but it just appeared interesting enough to come in.

since my worry was that the food would be too spicy for my kids, they provided us with a couple of small cups with samples of their chicken tikka masala sauce. after tasting it and found it to be of the right spice level, we ordered 2 masala bowls & 1 chicken curry, just to be different.

i must say, their sauces were very flavorful & had just the right spiciness for us to keep eating.

my wife's only complaint was that the quantity of sauce poured over the rice was a bit too much for her. for me? however, it was just right.

flavorful & cheap, we enjoyed eating here