“A heavenly abode in the gorgeous hollywood hills”
other travellers have booked this property
House from the garden
Dining Area and Living Room Fold out couch in living room.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Dining Area and Living Room
Fold out couch in living room.
Patio with 1920's barbeque.
You are here (on the Hill--not in Capitol Records)
The ideal location. Close to everything.
Open the doors for indoor/outdoor experience
Stairs lead from garden-level apartment to the street.
Front of House
Comfy bed and opium niche
Shiva in the Garden
Fold Out Couch in Living Room
Buddha in the Garden
Living Room with Working Fireplace
Hallway between living room & bedroom. Bathroom is door to the right.
1/3 of Garden
Vintage stove & oven
One corner of the patio.
Patio by night.
Bathroom with shower
The house from the garden. I live upstairs.
Half way through the garden. Have a seat.
The pond at the back. Your reward: Relax here.
Opium niche for lounging or sleeping
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Kristine...
London, United Kingdom
“A heavenly abode in the gorgeous hollywood hills”
Reviewed 23 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013
person found this review helpful

Had an absolutely heavenly stay at this property. First of all, the location was perfection itself. Even without a car one could easily walk all over Hollywood or catch the subway and there is a Trader Joe's to buy groceries at within easy walking distance. It is also lovely to walk up and all around the Hollywood Hills and along the reservoir. Yvonne was the most wonderful hostess ever and had us all up for a lovely dinner one night. Michael, our neighbour, was the sweetest man you could imagine and it was so nice to have such great people around us. The house was exactly as described and has a gorgeous, lush garden in the backyard that you could relax in to catch some sun. The decor of the place was sublime and I especially loved the opium niche in the bedroom that was stuffed full of silk pillows. It was nice to sit there with my laptop and gaze out at lemon trees in the distance with wide open windows. Having a full kitchen was also a great help as it was really like a home away from home as the idea of staying in a sterile hotel didn't appeal to me in the least. I wanted a place where I could feel that I lived in while vacationing and this was the perfect spot. Would go back again in a heartbeat and miss my time there ever so much.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The homelike feel of the property and Yvonne and Michael who were the best neighbours imaginable
Liked least: I liked everything.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Foxfires
Washington State, USA
“Bohemian Retreat in West Hollywood”
Reviewed 6 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Having stayed in Los Angeles once before, I knew I wanted something other than a hotel. I wanted something with charm and character. I wanted someplace that would feel like 'home' to me while I was in Hollywood for a week, rather than just crashing in a hotel for five days. When I spotted Miss Yvonne's place, I knew I'd found my home away from home.

My choice was perfect! I am so glad I found this place. Miss Yvonne was extremely helpful in emails leading up to my stay, with detailed instructions on how to enter my 'bungalow' as I liked to call it, in case she was not there when I arrived.

The place is even more adorable than the pictures let on. So wonderfully artsy, so very cozy and comfortable... I immediately felt at home. I was delighted to see the fantastic 'reading nook' in the bedroom!! And as an artist, I really admired the gorgeous Hindu artwork that went so well with the eclectic furniture!

Miss Yvonne came down to say hello, and invited me up for refreshments in her apartment upstairs. I gladly did so, and had a fantastic chat! I could immediately see why everything here appealed to me. Everything about the property is eclectic, bohemian, relaxed, and welcoming.

If people are coming here expecting a hotel, they are really not getting the point of staying here. It is an apartment in a classic Hollywood home, with all the charm of the vintage architecture. There are other people on the property, which for me added to my sense of hominess and also security. I loved knowing other people were close by. I didn't feel so alone in the big city (though the neighborhood was so charming, I easily forgot I was even in Hollywood!)

Along those lines - there are two points I want to make clear so that people who get uptight about these kinds of things can find another property more suiting to their needs: 1. The bathroom is very small. It's original architecture, so a stand-up shower only, and at that it is more like a European 'en-suite' shower. But it gets the job done, and at the fantastic price Miss Yvonne is charging for the bungalow, I was more than happy with it.

2. Yes, Miss Yvonne lives upstairs, and yes - there are hardwood floors. So you can occasionally hear soft footsteps, or even a little light music filtering in from above. You -are- in a multi-person dwelling, after all. Compared to the absolutely mind-numbing noises I've dealt with in hotels, where the people upstairs could care less that you are below them... this was paradise. I'm sensitive to this kind of stuff, and it never once bothered me.

Also - a third point just be clear for all, this place is really not wheelchair accessible. To gain access to the apartment, you must walk down a number of wide steps into the garden and around the corner. So if you have issues with stairs, you might make note of this.

I loved the location. As a woman staying solo, I wanted someplace within walking distance of Hollywood Boulevard, so that I could head out during the day and go adventuring, and yet feel safe while doing so. I adored walking through the neighborhood - it's all very hip and charming. It took me about 15 minutes at a nice stroll to get onto the Boulevard. There are a couple of different routes you can take. I felt safe at all times. If you are really sketched out about seeing a homeless person or two near the freeway underpass, then perhaps the walk is not for you. I used a taxi service to come pick me up after dark. They were there within ten minutes, and were a great alternative.

The reading nook was as relaxing as I'd hoped! The kitchen was adorable and a welcome convenience. The only thing I planned to utilize and never had a chance to, was to light the fireplace!! It was all ready to go... but I kept getting 'home' too late to enjoy it. So next time! :)

I am totally looking forward to my next stay at Miss Yvonne's Tropical Paradise!! I'm already planning my next trip, and am eager to stay here again!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The eclectic, comfortable atmosphere
Liked least: The small bathroom, but I rented it knowing ahead of time it was small - so it was fine.
Travelling group: Solo
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Wi
Reviewed 25 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Management Response
25 Jan 2013
Glad you enjoyed your stay. Lots of fun having you.
San Diego
Reviewed 22 December 2012 for a stay in December 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Management Response
22 Dec 2012
Thank you so much for your nice review. I hope you stay again and I can get to know you better.
giuliamor...
Recco, Italy
“We felt like at home!”
Reviewed 28 November 2012 for a stay in November 2012

great stay in Hollywood! I really miss Yvonne and her kindness!
The home pretty, the place fantastic..
Michael, the neighbour very kind.
We had dinner all together many times ..
perfect stay for any types of vacation!

Liked best: Yvonne
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing