“Convenient for Kodak Theatre events”

Hollywood Hills Hotel
Ranked #147 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 22 January 2012

My husband and I live in OC, about an hour drive (if the traffic Gods are with you) from Los Angeles. We had tickets for a Cirque du Soleil performance and decided to stay at the Hollywood Hills Hotel instead of driving up and back the same night. The hotel is literally located just up or down the hill (depending if you're coming or going), so, after throwing some groceries together for hor d'ouvers, a light dinner and breakfast, we were all set.

It was really nice to sit on the balcony in the late afternoon with a bottle of wine, some cheese, crackers, etc. and take in the view. Since we didn't have to worry about driving, we were able to eat, drink and be merry to our hearts content.

If you like upscale places with upscale prices, this is not for you. But if you like convenience and charm, you'll really like staying here. As others have stated, the staff provides great service. We asked for robes, they were on the bed when we arrived. We asked for a ride to the Kodak theatre, they picked us up. We asked for the local newspaper in the morning, it was at the door.

Even if you live here, save the hassle of driving back and forth. Skip a pricey restaurant dinner out and treat yourself to a relaxing evening IN at the Hollywood Hills hotel, you'll enjoy your LA experince so much more!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cathy G
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hollywood Hills Hotel

Reviewed 7 January 2012

Lovve this hotel for its location and great rooms. I stay here every time I come to LA. I usually walk everywhere and you don;t need to spend hundreds on cabs if u stay here!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank girltravelme
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Completely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting LA. The location in Hollywood is perfect, it really is only 5 minutes from the Hollywood Blvd and yet absolutely quiet. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable, we paid a bit more for the view and it was well worth it. Decor is slightly faded, but the space made up for it (massive and comfy bed, by the way). Great pool, not heated but attractively landscaped and quiet. The short walk down to breakfast was no problem, and the choice of food available was good.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view, definitely.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Chris11599
Reviewed 15 November 2011

After a lot of research on the internet my Son & I stayed here for 1 week at the beginning of our holiday then travelled to other parts of the US, then went back for another 4 nights towards the end of our holiday (Lisa had left a personal note, a bottle of drink & lollies to welcome us back- how sweet). This place is fantastic, the staff are amazing & very good looking (another bonus), the view is spectacular (I was in room 504), free snacks daily and a lovely free continental breakfast daily around the pool. Next time I'm in town I will stay here again. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay wonderful. I wish I was there right now!
Vronne from Australia.

Room Tip: Room 504 is right at the top with a fantastic view. They shuttle you up & down for free if you...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Vronne B
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Hello Everyone! We “were just there this past weekend. I must say that I had the most memorable and amazing service ever. I am completely impressed will ALL the staff. There was not one person that did not go over and beyond for my family and I. It was a great experience and we will be back. Thank you so much for making our trip special !

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family