1,391 results
All reviews rooftop bar ping pong table tennis glass shower pool party fun hotel funky hotel valet parking west hollywood staples center waterbed retro dtla
Reviewed 18 September 2018

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding weekend in August. We had so much fun! Not only did the bride and groom stay at the hotel, so it was very easy for us to get ready with them for the big day, but we also got to enjoy the many amenities offered. We ordered lunch from the restaurant downstairs and ate it in the room- very yummy! We hung out by the pool- really good people watching and there are great views of downtown LA! We also got the chance to go to the Sparrow Mart, a pop-up art exhibit with a million handmade felt grocery store items. It was totally a downtown LA experience! We also really enjoyed our room. It was very large and clean. I love the huge windows that look out on the city. My only suggestion is to add more towel hooks. Overall, we had a great wedding weekend and we were able to relax and have a good time with our friends. Thanks for the hospitality! Next time, hopefully we'll have more time to play some ping pong and take yoga on the rooftop!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for one night as we have a flight from LA and I really liked the look of this one online.

The area is really not very nice, and when we went for a look around I did not feel safe, I felt quite uncomfortable and wanted to go back to the hotel.

The room was quite nice but the colours were very masculine and it did feel like student accommodation.

The guy who checked us in was not particularly friendly or interested in us, however, the guy who checked us out could not have been nicer. I did not get his name but he had curly hair and glasses.

The rooftop bar / pool looked good but I felt a bit out of place up there (very hipster...) and we didn’t stay for a drink as imagined it would be pricey.

Didn’t sleep very well and there was a lot of noise inside and outside the hotel.

Would not stay here again but the guy at check out saved it from being awful.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2018

I got the WOW room- Excellent & Beautiful - to celebrate my birthday. Roof top was wonderful-pool and of course the drinks. My family from LA wanted to come have lunch &drinks with me on the roof top , but because of the restriction , it was difficult. They all had to pay $10 and $15 after 8pm. I spend more time trying to get my family access to the Roof top , I missed my time chillin in pool for most of the day... But other than that ..I LOVE IT

Room tip: Definitely an LA experience
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a disaster. Dirty hallways, worn out carpeting, beat up elevators and smelly rooms. This is NOTHING like their NYC properties and is misrepresented on their website. How can The Standard allow such a fail in one of their properties?

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank collyercav
Reviewed 30 August 2018

I would like to preface this review giving everyone the transparency that I stay with the Standard properties quite often but have also booked using different names and on their app One Night, the service and attention to detail have been the same.

I flew in for quick 2 night stay Monday-Tuesday, Jon Disatapundhu (Director, Guest Experience at the Hollywood location) connected me with Jay Brumant (Guest Experience Manager) who was kind enough to connect me with Erin Karl and Sabina Shah to arrange for anything I may need before my stay. I had a couple of things that I typically enjoy having arranged so it was great for them to reach out.

Arrival:
I arrived late Monday evening to meet Erin at the front desk, she was polite and attentive. The check in process is traditional and flawless, I was in my room 10 minutes after arrival. Erin was kind enough to provide a room upgrade and for that couldn't be more grateful.

Room:
-Perfect for my needs no. 908 "Huge Room" type, clean, and my requests had been completed and ready in the room when I arrived.
-Maid service, top notch
-Sabina was nice enough and attentive enough to remember my reason for my trip and provided a hand written letter wishing me good luck in my room. (it's the little things)

In General:
-Onsite restaurants, nightlife spots are a great addition to DTLA.
-The staff even though turnover is quite high (mainly due to internal promotion) I always have incredible personalized service and feel like family from everything that I interact with. Great attitudes from everyone onsite.

Improvements:
-I completely understand given the location there will be some riffraff around but a group of very drunk individuals on my floor were screaming in the hallways at around 3-4 am. Nothing the hotel can do but be mindful that the clientele of the Standard DTLA has a wide demographic.
-Shower water pressure and hot water was a problem but if that is the least of my worries then I am okay. Assuming since I was on a higher floor that had something to do with it.

Conclusion:
-If I am ever in LA, NYC, Miami or London I will be staying at Standard Hotel properties. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Big thank you to Jon, Jay, Erin and Sabina for a wonderful return trip
-AR

Room tip: Higher the better but be aware top floor has a bar so somewhere in the middle is best, I prefer 9-10
Date of stay: August 2018