Thank you TripAdvisor, the reviews were bang on target. Just returned from 3 nights, and our stay was exactly as described and pictured. Staff were just delightful to deal with, an absolute credit to themselves and the establishment. Enthusiastic and welcoming and always offering to help or just chat. Their warmth is what separates this place from others. Evan in particular was one of the nicest front desk guys I've met; but honestly the other 3 guys I encountered were just the same (hate to single out, but didn't catch their names!).
Located in a residential part of town, so ideal if you're not keen on staying in the hustle of Hollywood, Beverly Hills or downtown. A short drive to Santa Monica. Definitely has a motel feel to it, but the rooms are spotless, neat and feel new (recently refurbished you can tell). High ceilings really do help. Bathroom has enough room to move. The only gripe here would be the lack of bench space to place toiletries on the pedastal style basin.
There's not much within easy walking distance, but in LA you're likely to have a car anyway (or at least I'd recommend it). The included breakfast was super handy when often we just needed to grab something and go. Pastries, cereal, bananas and apples, oats, muffins, tea and coffee. Possibly a bit sugar-y for some, but hey it's complimentary. They also top up with bottled water in the fridge each day, really helpful when you're running out in the mornings. Free Wi-Fi was flawless and quick. Free parking too, a godsend in LA!
The only other 'Con' I can think of is that being on a corner intersection, you might still hear some traffic when sleeping, but the later you sleep the less likely it is. We also copped a fair few fire trucks with sirens blaring during our stay, Asking for a rear room may help in regards to noise.
All up, a comfortable and relaxing stay made all the better by the amazing staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charm, convenience and extraordinary value: we have it all. Our tastefully decorated rooms are all non-smoking and pet-free, and come equipped with flat-panel LCD TVs and high-speed internet access. Your room rate includes free parking, continental breakfast and freshly-baked cookies every afternoon. Our location in Brentwood is conveniently close to restaurants in Brentwood Village, shopping in Beverly Hills and Santa Monica and only minutes from UCLA and the world-famous Getty Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your The Brentwood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Brentwood Hotel Los Angeles
- Brentwood Hotel Los Angeles