“Great Location & Friendly Staff”

BLVD Hotel & Suites
Ranked #76 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I traveled with 2 others after a long flight from Australia checked in at 9am earlier then allowed and the desk staff were friendly and allowed us to check in our room. They organized our day tour for the following day including pick up and even sent a staff member to our room to collect our money and bring our documents.

Rooms are basic but cosy. Location is great within walking distance of shops and Hollywood. Breakfast basic but nice. Staff very friendly. Would recommend to others.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 December 2011

The hotel is very well located, 3-5 minute walking distance the Hollywood Boulevard. It is a safe hotel in fair condition. However, the old tv with the broken remote, cheap kid-size towels, $10 per day for parking, and poor wi-fi was enough to score it below average. The property is not in bad condition but could be better with better management. Also, many young adults stayed here and did not let other guests sleep wit their loud music and partying until after 2am. Yes, and management did nothing.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank GegeChong
Reviewed 30 September 2011

While I like luxury, I am perfectly happy with a good, clean room with basic ammenities. This ain't it folks. The carpet is grimy and there was something smearing on the bathroom wall. We usually visit the Hollywood Bowl once a year, and stay in a near by hotel and walk to and from the Bowl. Our usual hotel across the street (same price) was booked, so I opted for this one. Beside needing a steam cleaning, the road noise was deafening and Mom and Dad - yes there is a pool, but it's about 12'x12' in full view of the elevator, completely shadowed in - just enough pool that they can list the hotel as having one. Don't believe it - move along to a cleaner, better value across the street.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.. but if you must, Insist your room NOT be located on the street side of the...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank IRMTBR
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at BLVD Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2011

The hotel staff and management thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The hotel is continuously being upgraded and the staff works diligently to ensure great customer service. We can assure you that your next stay with us will be a great experience and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Hollywood area.

Reviewed 10 September 2011

Was told upon check-in that I needed to provide a "senior discount club card" in order to receive senior discount. This is not and never has been a requirement of Choice Hotels. My driver's license had just been photocopied, which is highly questionable to begin with, and clearly proves my age. During check-in, Ruben kept me waiting while he answered the phone and quoted a price of $149.95 for room that night. Tells them they need no reservation, just come on in for that rate. That rate was far less than the rate I was forced to pay even with my senior discount. When I questioned him about that phone quote he told me it was for a "smaller room." Again, I have been staying here for 9 yrs and I know all the rooms. There is no smaller room than the room I was booked into. When I questioned the smaller room lie, he then moved on to it being a "Monday rate." Again, after 9 years, I know that you only have weekday rates and weekend rates. There is no difference for a Monday rate vs a Thursday rate. The caller was clearly coming in that very night (Thursday) for the room, so moving from one lie to the next doesn't cut it. I don't like liars. In addition to me checking out early and them losing the 2nd night booking, thery just lost a long-time customer who stays with them several times a year. Inconsistent rates and lying employees do not equal good customer service. By the way, for your charge of $191.28 for my one night stay, it would have been nice to have been provided even one travel-size bar of soap in the room. No soap anywhere in sight. Pitiful.

Room Tip: Best to print out everything in advance...your parking rate will double or sometimes triple upon arr...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank whenuwish

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we appreciate your feedback. The hotel strives to ensure each guest is completely satisfied and we apologize that we have fallen short. The issues mentioned in your review have been resolved and we look forward to exceeding all of your expectations during your next stay with us.

Reviewed 9 September 2011

I recently made a quick and unplanned trip to Los Angeles. I chose this hotel based on location and price. I was traveling solo without a car, and needed to be near a metro stop because I had to get to downtown the next morning. While this isn't my favorite area of LA (Santa Monica is), I am familiar and comfortable with it and preferred to stay here rather than downtown.

I read reviews before I showed up and have to say that I had no problems with the hotel at all. I stayed in a King room, which was quite large, and more importantly, clean. Fancy and modern it was not, but I didn't expect that, and don't require it. I will agree with the other reviews that the room was quite dark, but I don't see this as a problem unless you're planning on reading alot in the room. The bed was super comfy and I didn't want to get up in the morning.

The room price included breakfast, which was adequate for my needs as well. Nothing fancy: juice, coffee, donuts, bagels, and you can make waffles. I put too much batter in the pan and made a mess--the girl who was working there was very nice about it :) I will also add that the front desk staff were also very pleasant.

I didn't use the pool. It is very small and clearly is not meant for swimming but rather for taking a dip if you're hot, which I was tempted to do because the temperature when I was there was 100F!

Now, if I had a car and had to pay to park, I would be unhappy about that, BUT if you don't have a car, the location is very good. It is a couple of blocks from the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Grumann's Theatre and all the kookiness of Hollywood Boulevard, which you will want to at least see and say you did it. There is also a Metro Stop right on Hollywood and Highland (Red Line) which will take you to Universal and Downtown.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo