“Good performance”
Review of IRIS by Cirque du Soleil - CLOSED

IRIS by Cirque du Soleil
More attraction details
Owner description: IRIS A Journey through the World of Cinema(™), the first permanent production from Cirque du Soleil® in Los Angeles and taking up residence exclusively at the world-renowned Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center. IRIS is a lyrical, fanciful, kinetic foray through the world of cinema bringing together dance, acrobatics, live video, and filmed sequences and takes spectators on a fantastic voyage through the history of cinema and its genres.Featuring 72 performers, 200 costumes, 8,300 square feet of floor surface, 174 loudspeakers, 603 lighting features, 20 video projectors, and 166,000 watts of sound, IRIS joins the other Cirque du Soleil resident productions in scale, scope and size. IRIS is written and directed by French director-choreographer Philippe Decoufle, whose credits include opening and closing ceremonies of the 1992 Winter Olympics in Albertville. IRIS features music by Grammy® and Emmy Award® winner and Academy Award® nominee Danny Elfman.
Melbourne
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Good performance”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

My first Cirque du Soleil performance ever. The acrobatics are awesome but I was a bit confused about what the story was about. A good night, but I think you don't need to have the best seats in the house. Reasonable seats would provide greater value. A final plus is that you get to see where the Oscars are held.

1 Thank drif99
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Cape Cod, MA
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“DAZZLING PERFORMANCE”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We sat in the front row and were enchanted by this fantastic show. We had actors sitting next to us and toying with us throughout the show. The costumes, music, acrobatics and comedy were absolutely sensational! This is a show absolutely not to be missed. The Kodak Theater is just beautiful and even though it was packed on this Saturday night, it never felt overcrowded. I have seen several Cirque du Soleil performances, but IRIS was the absolute best so far. The humor was subtle in parts and overt in others, but rarely have I enjoyed a show this much. It was perfectly eye-popping and oh those TWINS were mesmerizing!

1 Thank wpdesousa-mauk
Durango, Colorado
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Saw a shortened show”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I saw a shortened version of the IRIS show that was put on for a travel show I was attending. I was under the impression that this Cirque show had a central movie theme. The abbreviated version had no tie in to films that I could tell ~ not in the music, set design or plot. I mean, a Cirque show beats a stick in the eye, but unless I got comp tickets I probably woudl do something else for a night out in LA rather than see this show.

New Rochelle, New York
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Great new cirque show!”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

They did an awesome job with this new cirque show. Incorporating the whole hollywood movie theme into the show was a great touch. I am only giving it 4 starts and not 5 because they still had a few kinks to work out but that was only cause when we saw it, it was still in preview. This is def a cirque show I recommend seeing!

Visited August 2011
KL
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A feast of the eyes”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

A really great show with acrobats, comedy and mind-blowing stunts! Lots of things happening on stage and up in the air that sometimes I didn't know where to look! It was literally a feast for the eyes! A must watch if you're in LA. Also a great chance for you to see the inside of the Kodak Theatre.

1 Thank Natasha T