“So fun!”

and up
TMZ Hollywood Celebrity Hot Spot Tour in Los Angeles
Ranked #28 of 248 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the REAL Hollywood, Beverly Hills and Sunset Strip, plus exclusive locations made famous by TMZ! Discover where celebrities actually eat, shop and party. With hilarious Tour guides and stories, it’s a show on wheels… all on a luxurious open-air bus with USB chargers at every seat, so you'll never miss that celeb photo! Experience Hollywood -- TMZ Style.
Novi, Michigan
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“So fun!”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

It was fast paced and very interesting. I suggest going in the afternoon because there is a better chance of seeing a celeb because people seem to be doing more moving around during the day. We went at 2pm and saw no celebs, but it was sure fun looking for them.

Garrett was our tour guide and he was chill and insightful. We didn't learn about Hollywood history, so if you like that, do not take this tour. They show all the fun stuff like where Paris made her scandalous sex tape. You could also win free t-shirts. Garrett also included everyone in our trip.

The bus is covered, which was nice, because most other tour buses were opened roof. Watching clips from the show was great because TMZ IS AWESOME!!!

I hope Harvey reads this :)

Take this tour if you like the show and celebs. Great for anyone over 16.

2 Thank Laura S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Chicago, Illinois
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“The TMZ Hollywood bus tour-Good tour but no celebs seen.”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

My daughter (11 years old) and I took the TMZ Hollywood bus tour and I think that it was actually pretty good. Our tour guide (Alex) was realy funny and informative and the bus was quite comfortable.

The tour visited lots of notorious sites and for most locations, there was a related TMZ clip that told the story of why that site was famour (or infamous). The tour certainly hits lots of spots but we unfortunately didnt have any celeb sitings.

The cost was reasonable at $60ish for adults and $50ish dollars for children (I can't remember the exact cost). I would however warn against getting the hotel transfers (unless you dont have another choice). We rented a car but we choose to use the transfers (tought it would be easier). A trolley picked us up and the driver wasnt in the best mood and was driving like a bat out of hell. On the return, we had to wait for over an hour (in the hot sun) waiting for our bus to arrive then wait quite a bit longer once it did arrive for other passengers from other tours. The only saving grace was that our hotel was first, I felt sorry for the people in the fifth and sixth hotels on the list.

Overall, I would recommed the TMZ tour if you want to get to see the celeb hot spots in and around LA (Hollywood, Beverly Hills, etc....) nad keep your fingers crossed that you actually get to see some celebs!

2 Thank idries
Dallas, Texas
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Good time, entertaining but don't expect celeb sightings wherever you go!”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Stacy, from the show did a good job entertaining a full open-air bus on a hot day in mid-August. Give yourself extra time to check in; the receipt says to check in at the Grauman's Chinese Theatre on Hollywood Blvd; it's actually around the corner on North Orange in a little gift shop with a Starline Tours sign on it. The parking lot to pick up the bus is actually behind the theatre.

No celeb sightings, but it gives you some perspective on the layout of the area. The bus is equipped with 2 large flat screens, and a roof overhead thankfully! The screens show brief clips from the show along with the voice of the goofy-sounding on air guy who does the voice-over for the show. Compared to the other totally open, sawed-off vans shuttling half asleep tourists on the other buses, this was a two-hour treat. Rodeo Drive is over the top and interesting. Car lovers will be in heaven. Good job, Stacy and Harvey at TMZ!

2 Thank Warren B
Las Vegas, Nevada - USA
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 552 helpful votes
“Funny, Well-Planned, and Interesting”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We paid $49 online for the TMZ Bus Tour of two hours and there were approximately 20 people on board. The tour is NOT a celebrity home tour but is one of interesting celebrity stories and facts about the Hollywood, Melrose, Beverly Hills areas. We only knew a little about TMZ TV Show and wasn’t sure what to expect. Some of the jokes are risqué but that is how the show operates.

Our guide was Stacey, as she is a staffer and on the TMZ TV Show. She was also on the soap opera “All My Children.” Stacey has a great sense of humor and is a lot of fun. The tour is well prepared with video clips of TMZ staff sharing tidbits or of clips explaining various areas the tour passes.

There is no bathroom on the bus nor are drinks offered. The bus does not stop at all (unless a celebrity is seen). Bus riders so have an opportunity to win a t-shirt with games.

We took the 4:30 p.m. tour. I admitted was concerned about how the traffic would affect tours at different times but it appears the route is one in which traffic does not affect planned sites. The bus is open sided on both sides, so it is easy to interact with people on the streets. There is a speaker system so the tour guide and videos played are easily heard. When driving by parts of town, people will honk and waive at you on the bus.

At the end of the trip, a video by Harvey Levin will be played reminding you that tips are gratefully appreciated. Speaking of Harvey, visitors have a chance to ask questions about Harvey, the show, or about the celebrity scene in general.

Parking in the downtown area is difficult to find. You can park underground at 1755 N. Highland Avenue (underground parking available at Hollywood and Highland – a shopping center). Be sure to take your ticket to the TMZ/Starline booth at Gauman’s Theatre to get your parking ticket validated. Two ours parking is free, but there is a charge after that. We still ended up paying $9.00 for parking.

Before getting on the bus, there is a bathroom located on the third floor above the Grauman’s Theater. The Starline Tour kiosk is to the right of the theater doors – if you go up the stairs or elevator to the right of the kiosk, you will go down a short hallways and see the bathroom.

At the end of the tour, you are encouraged to follow staff members on Twitter and Instagram. The interesting stories about how news tips are broken, as well as the antidotes about celebrates is cool to hear. The TMZ Tour would be enjoyable for most as it is a different spin on the Hollywood scene.

4 Thank VegasBling
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Really bad”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

When I booked this tour I paid a little extra to be picked up at my hotel and to be taken back once the tour was over. Wellll...the tour was no big deal at all!! The guide was more focused on just three groups, some young birthday girls in the back and a father and daughter from London, and a couple of other folks.

We drove to different parts of LA and saw Larry King wow wee!
After two hrs of driving around the tour was over (thank goodness) also before you get off the damn bus Harvey comes on the monitor and asks us to tip the guide which I think is so pathetic. What you need to do Harvey is pay your people and you wouldn't have to beg for tips which by the way is (complimentary).

Its about 2:30 and VERY HOT! I asked someone when will the bus be here to take me back to my hotel and they said 3:15. No prob: I got something to eat and 3:15 came and went, no bus to take me back. Soooo I'm waiting and waiting . Finally tons of buses arrive and none of the drivers wanted to go to downtown LA. I mean I'm standing right there and I can hear them talking about not wanting to drive. I couldn't believe this shish!!!
So I said "look, I paid to be taken back and somebody better get a bus moving or I'll be driving myself!!" mfers!!!.
I finally arrived back at 4:45.
Please people don't waist your time or money, but you probably will.

13 Thank Joie503