Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #132 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Spent the night at this hotel prior to leaving on a business trip. It was important for me to have a quick, trouble-free experience before leaving. I must say, I had a nice stay. The highlight was the customer service. Everyone was very nice, including the restaurant staff, the concierge, housekeeping, and the front desk staff. A special thanks to Adam at the front desk. He was exceptional in his care, demeanor, and professionalism.

The rooms are updated. The beds are comfortable. There is a flat screen TV. Free WiFi. The hotel is very close to LAX. A shuttle runs 3 times an hour and I was at my terminal in 10 minutes! There is a restaurant and bar. I only used the restaurant for their breakfast buffet. It was simple, yet all the basics are there and the food was tasty.

The only downside is that the hallway on the third floor in the newly redone section on the west side of the hotel smelled kind of like mildew. This smell spread into my room. I asked housekeeping to spray my room with air freshener and the smell was gone.

Overall, I am happy that I stayed at this hotel and would not hesitate to do so again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Thank you for the candid review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. I'll check out the odor in the third floor west. There hasn't been any leaks or water intrusion at all so I'm doubtful that it is mildew. We'll sort out the odor and I appreciate the head's up. All the best! Phil GM

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Flew to LA for a wedding. This review will cover both ends of the trip. Staff was very friendly, although there never seemed to be enough staff (only one person) at check-in to handle both lines ('normal' and Starwood Preferred). This is one of the best Four Points in which I have ever stayed. Being Platinum gave me a room upgrade. Very nice touch on the 2nd stay was the cookies and fruit waiting for us in our room.

My biggest disappointment was that my son left his jacket in the room. We called the hotel the next day, but "they couldn't find it". Asked again when we checked in 6 days later - no luck. How can you not find a jacket left hanging in an empty room? Makes me wonder if someone's son has a new jacket.

Excellent location if you are renting a car. Budget is right across the street and Avis and Hertz are a short walk down the road. We saved the parking fee by getting our car after we checked out and then dropped it off before we checked in for the return trip.

Breakfast buffet was very good with eggs, meat, fruit, and rolls. Burger King across the street for some fast food.

Room Tip: I love planes and the west-facing rooms have a view of the planes landing and taking off.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Likes2Fly-82
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

I'm really sorry about your son's jacket! I think that probably put a damper on your experience and in your shoes I would have been very disappointed. That said, I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us otherwise. If you want to contact me directly I will happily look into the missing jacket further. Best!!! Phil GM

Reviewed 14 June 2012

The rate on hotels.com is not as cheap as the rate on the hotel webpage itself! Plus, For a few dollars more, I was able to snag breakfast, better room, and even a voucher for southwest. The staff was amazing and accommodating as I was exhausted from my flight. Love this place. I'd stay here again if I'm stupid with enough to book a flight with a 9hr layover in LAX again. :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

I love your comment "I love this place"! :)

Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best! Phil

Reviewed 14 June 2012

On our return home from a lengthy vacation and staying a night at the Four Points LAX we found on looking at our bank statement that this hotel had removed funds some eleven days after our checkout . The charge $20.90 was for self-parking for one night , when we clearly had not parked .
It has taken nearly two hours of my time in communicating with the hotel chain to have the hotel refund this charge . The hotel assistant desk manager was condescending , did not apologize and I have been advised that the matter was a " misunderstanding " . I have been advised by this hotel that I will have to meet the bank charges incurred . It is my belief that such a charge is not a misunderstanding as businesses have systems in place to record services provided to guests , and where a service is billed to a guest that hotel the service better have been provided , and in my instance , eleven days after our check-out ? Obtaining money by deceit is what I suspect . I have requested the Hotel General Manager take his time to resolve this matter . I am still waiting .....

Room Tip: An older hotel but location and convenience is good for the traveler , however check your bill even...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

I know we've corresponded on this and I do appreciate your comments and your frustration. And I can see from your other reviews that honesty is very important to you.

In my career I can't think of another situation where I couldn't resolve an issue with a guest. You stayed two nights, we billed you for two nights of parking and as soon as we were notified that you only parked one night we immediately credited your bill. The time lapse was simply the time the banks took to process the credit into your account. I just don't see that as deceitful..but we have agreed to disagree.

I wish you the best, Phil GM

Reviewed 13 June 2012

I recently stayed at Four Points was very happy with the both the service and quality of the hotel. The staff was very friendly as they patiently answered all my questions during check-in and also helped me with finding a great place to eat. What i also liked was availability of many computers in the lobby from where I could easily print out my boarding pass and didn't have to wait in line. Overall I was impressed with the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

I want to thank you for your kind words. I love to hear the "patiently" associated with my staff as we do get busy and sometimes get caught up in the process rather than the interaction. I hope to see you back soon! Best!!! Phil