New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport

Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #112 of 347 Hotels in Los Angeles
philly pa
“The best business experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

The Sheraton is conveniently located at the LAX airport only 5 minutes away by free courtesy shuttle. The checkout was excellent and quick. Room was clean, modern and not lacking any amenities including WI-FI for internet. The breakfast buffet had a large selection of fresh cooked food and fresh fruit bar. I will return to this property for business any time I arrive in LAX. Completely satisfied, the staff could not have been more courteous and helpful

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the mountains or downtown LAX
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
We really appreciate the kind words! I hope to be welcoming you back soon. The WIFI, the water, friendly staff, and good food go a long way to making for an enjoyable business trip! All the Best!!! Phil GM
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Was in LA for a couple of days business and the Four Points Sheraton I've come to find is an ideal location for access to the city and airport. They have a very nice work out facility and too an outdoor pool open til 10pm - quite nice after a long flight or before one. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, clean and secure. The restaurant serves a wide range for breakfast both buffet or a la carte. And it's interesting, even next to the airport, there's hardly any noise. I guess more so since the planes don't land or take off during the night. I will stay here again.

1 Thank Marchus
Thank you for the fantatstic review! It's nice that we aren't in the flight paths and we don't have the airplane noise that one would think we would. Hope to see you back soon! Best! Phil GM
DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

When you visit this hotel, please be sure to ask for a renovated room (8th floor) at the front desk. On arrival, my colleagues and I were placed in older rooms, because renovated rooms were not available at that time. It was not only the room that shocked me, but the entire floor. It reminded me of a motel, rather than a comfortable, conference hotel. I located my room behind a large, beat-up kitchen-style door that led to a narrow hallway. My room was the last room on the row with a huge picture window. I have never seen anything like this before, and as a single woman, I felt completely exposed, despite the curtain. Also, the shower head was non-working.

On requesting another room, I was told that I could wait for a renovated room. I had no idea that some rooms were renovated and others were not. The new room was fairly up to Sheraton standards, aside from a smelly sink faucet...please get your pipes cleaned. At that point, I was too tired to complain and simply dealt with it for the next two days.

The best thing about our stay though was the amazing staff on hand....despite any initial problems, our requests were accommodated and needs met with a smile. All in all, I have to rate this experience at a 2, since their were initial problems with our rooms and another problem once I moved to the newer room. On average, I wouldn't have any problems with my room, so this hotel rates poorly for that alone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 8th floor (renovated). Do not ever accept a room on the west side!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Just by way of explanation. early check-ins are sometimes challenging especially since we routinely sell all our rooms. At 10 am the rooms we had available to put guests in were our airline crew rooms. Unfortunately it seems that at the time these were the only rooms available. Later on in the day as guests check-out we had the more appropriate rooms open up.

Renovations are a necessary evil. The room that you went into originally will be off-line starting next week and two weeks later will be back renovated. I know this is small consolation and in the end we shouldn’t have put you in there in the first place but my guest was the Front Desk felt your priority was getting roomed, not waiting for the room we had reserved for you. The second room experience is something that does happen with new rooms coming back on line. There are sometimes glitches such as the issue with the plumbing and the water odor. We should have caught this in our “punch list”.

By next week we will have no more unrenovated rooms. All 567 of our rooms will either be renovotated or just two weeks from being completed (sigh of relief).

All that said, I apologize that we didn't get it right for you this trip. As I said in my email, please feel free to contact me before you next visit and I'm roll out the red carpet myself.

All the best!

Phil
GM

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Phoenix
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here for 1 night for a conference, then decided to go next door to the Renaissance.

Pros-
Free WiFi
nice gym
good pool
nice staff
bed was comfortable

Cons-
Loud loud loud.
Airplanes overhead- but I have stayed at other hotels in the area and the noise was not nearly as bad. And you could hear everything outside. The insulation must be awful. I turned the fan on full blast to try to keep the noise down
the ceilings are low, making it feel like a cheap hotel
it's like they put an awesome Westin bed in a motel 6 room.
I hear parking was terrible, but didn't try it.

So, after only getting 4 hours of interrupted sleep I was done. I moved to another hotel.

Not the staff's fault that the bones of this hotel are bad. They were very nice at check-in and check-out, and were quick.

For food- I went and spent lots of money at the Marriot across the street. Starbucks and Champions grill. Free wifi in their restaurants and lobby. Good but expensive food.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. There are hundreds of hotels in the LAX area. Surely you can find a better one...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for the review. I also received your survey and I'll be back to you directly. You had a West Tower pool side room that 360 days out of the year will be super quiet. Its rare, but on occaisson the wind changes direction in stormy weather and the airport reverses the flight path. I completely understand your frustration, however the noise is a rare occurance...perhaps why your next night at the Renaissance was quieter. Hope you will consider trying us again. Best, Phil GM
Las Vegas, NV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Comfortable hotel with good amenities at a good price. Lots of freebies for frequent travelers which is always nice! Pool area cabanas during the week make for nice meeting spots although internet is not great out there. Decent food, good service and overall attentive staff.

Room Tip: ask for the front tower rooms as they have been refurbished. Back tower is TBD.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thanks for the solid review! We like to take good care of our Starwood Elite . We'll have to work on moving from "decent" to "awesome" in our food though. We have a new chef starting next week. Hope to see you back soon. Best! Phil