8 people are viewing this hotel
$531
Hotels.com$539
Booking.com$538
Trip.com$590
All reviews cara cara caldo verde rooftop restaurant avocado toast proper experience chickpea fritters cucumber gimlet food bowl aesop toiletries every interaction every single staff member moment you arrive restaurant staff beautiful hotel hardwood floors the penthouse pleasure of staying
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 May 2022

On April 30th, 2022; it was a pleasure to dine brunch at Caldo Verde w/ my friends and family to celebrate a special moment of my daughter.

I have dined in SO MANY restaurants in LA that this experience at Proper DTLA WAS ONE OF THE BEST. I am usually the person who cannot rate any service as "excellent" b/c we are all human, and not perfect . However, this experience at Caldo Verde WAS AMAZING. When I dine w/ my dear friends and let alone my very picky eater children; the patience, and the flexibility of each of the employees was memorable.

I sensed a strong team spirit within the team; that alone made the dining experience go smooth.
The quality (and volume) of every dish was PERFECT (and I consider myself as a major foodie diva).

THANK YOU to Priscilla (GM at Caldo Verde) and Alex (server) and the supporting team in the Restaurant.

Thank you SO MUCH, I cannot wait to go back to visit you guys!
Hiromi Oki

Reviewed 11 May 2022

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend getaway and it was the perfect experience! Everyone was genuinely caring and welcomed us in with smiles and open arms. Every single person from the doorman, to the front desk associate, to the host at the rooftop pool, to the restaurant manager, David, approached us and made sure we felt comfortable and were enjoying our stay. I felt as if I was staying at a friend's house! The room was fun and energetic and the beds were SO comfortable! The rooftop pool overlooks downtown LA and you feel like you are in the heart of the city. Beautiful views! The food at the restaurants was incredible and interesting. A fun culinary experience! The hospitality was genuine and consistent throughout our entire stay. We didn't want to leave! I want to point out Austin at the front desk who made us feel right at home and made sure our stay was memorable. The team at the Proper hotel love their jobs and it shows! We cannot wait to visit again!

Room tip: High Floor to get the Best views!
Reviewed 6 May 2022

If you know anything about Kelly Wearstler's designs, you'll know this hotel is gorgeous, with unique details at every turn. Beyond the aesthetic, the staff was was impeccable. We at dinner at Caldo Verde downstairs and then went to the rooftop for drinks. The whole place feels like a little slice of New York City in LA. Hands down one of the best rooftop bars in the city. The food at Caldo Verde was delicious, not one thing I wouldn't reorder. I'm actually a little sad I live just 15 min up the road, may be the kind of thing where I need to splurge for a staycation just to get the full experience. Even if you don't stay, just stop by the see the hand painted ceiling in the lobby or have a cocktail upstairs. You won't regret it.

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 30 April 2022

I don't even want to use the word "customer service" because every single employee that we encountered on our visit here, didn't feel like they were providing a service, even though they are, it was as if they cared about us, genuinely, from their hearts. I have traveled extensively in my life and my experience at the Proper DTLA tops every other tripI have had. Starting with the valets, to the door, front desk, restaurants, housekeeping - I was repeatedly blown away with the amount of genuine care every single person put into how they treated us. The food is divine and we experienced both restaurants and in-room dining and everything was beyond delicious. The beds and pillows are deliciously cozy (challenging the "heavenly" beds for sure). The view from the rooftop, breathtaking. I want to return to LA just to stay in this hotel again - it is That amazing.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2022

The Hotel was excellent. Great addition to Downtown LA. Great customer service from Valet to Room service. Historic building with great LA views from the rooftop pool lounge. Will definitely be coming back.

Trip type: Travelled on business