Lowest prices for your stay
$177
Hotels.com
$177
Trip.com
$174
Booking.com$205
Travelocity$177
Priceline$202
All reviews rooftop restaurant birthday weekend shopping and restaurants la trip close to the hotel boutique hotel lobby area the location is perfect late check the room was nice bed was comfortable would definitely stay here again minute walk downtown la front desk staff dtla parking
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 April 2022

On my first night in this hotel, I was woken up at around 7 in the morning by two women having an extremely loud conversation in the room next to mine – even though I always sleep with earplugs on. I called the front desk and told them that two guests were being loud and that I couldn’t sleep because of it. The woman who answered my call said she’d send someone to tell them to keep it down. Nothing changed so I called back a while later and she said that the man she sent told her that he couldn’t hear anything unless he put his ear up to the door. I said that was insane because I could clearly hear the conversation from my bed and even more so when I slightly opened the door; there is just no way that anyone walking in the hallway wouldn’t have heard it. She remained quiet and I added “do you want me to take a video in the hallway?” just to prove that I was not lying and that what she said didn’t make any sense. I really don’t appreciate being gaslit by the hotel I’m staying in; I paid good money to be here and this employee is literally telling me that what I know to be true is somehow not. Their job should be to make sure I’m having a comfortable stay, not to deny reality! Anyway, she said she didn’t want me to take a video and told me that she’d go up herself along with the man she sent originally. A few minutes later, I heard knocking on a door, and the guests did lower their voices after that. I was able to go back to sleep until my phone rang a few minutes later. It was this same woman from the hotel telling me she told them to keep it down but that they weren’t fighting, they were just having a normal conversation. Ok? First of all, I never said they were fighting, I said they were being loud. Second, what does it matter if they were fighting or not? You can have a loud conversation or an argument at a reasonable volume, the point is that they should not be speaking so loudly. Third, they had already been told to lower their voices AND THEY DID, which enabled me to go back to sleep – so why are you waking me up with a phone call? I just saw this as more gaslighting, another opportunity to tell me that what she believed to be my version of the events wasn’t true – even though I clearly said “two guests are being loud” and never “two guests are fighting.” Needless to say, I will not be staying here again! I will say this, though: Milenia from the front desk was very friendly and helpful. I don’t remember the name of the employee that handled my call that day, but I interacted with Milenia when I checked in and when I checked out, and she was great.

Edit: It has now been a week since I was there and I have not gotten my deposit back. This place truly cannot be any worse.

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 9 February 2022 via mobile

I can't rate this hotel highly enough!The staff are super friendly and went out oif their way to make my stay as comfortable as possible.Xaviera the manageress is fantastic and Kevin's High Tea in Lilly Rose is to be experienced!The rooftop restaurant is amazing ,has a fantastic vibe and the Beyond Burger is my favourite along with the weekend brunch.The only thing this hotel lacks which I really wanted was a rooftop pool for days lazing around the views of LA are amazing.The location is perfect for shopping and the Metro is a 4 minute walk.The rooms are serviced regularly and are clean and comfortable.I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to my friends .My advice is go for it you won't be disappointed

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2022 via mobile

This hotel is okay. The location isn't great as dtla is mostly awful.
Don't go to the 7 eleven across the road it's full of very dodgy characters and it's unsafe.

The breakfast at the hotel is okay, I would avoid their brunch as most of the menu regurgitates the breakfast food for more money.

Rooms are okay, comfortable.

I have an ongoing issue with this hotel where I left with an invoice stating a 0 charge and a few days later 77gbp has been debuted on my card. The hotel are sending me marketing emails and yet not responding to my emails about the charges so I'll be raising this with the bank so they can reverse it. For this reason and the horrible unsafe area I wouldnt return to this hote.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank GlobetrottingGal1984
Reviewed 14 December 2021 via mobile

This was an awesome stay! We booked this hotel for a staycation, we had initially came to visit the rooftop brunch and came back to stay at the hotel the rooms are small but super cute and comfortable the hotel does a great job of taking very good care of you. They provide two vouchers one for a complimentary beer from 5-7pm and another with credit for their cafe in the mornings those vouchers were definitely a treat. We had a great time and appreciate that check out is at noon. We had such a great experience the same day we checked out we booked our next stay within the next few weeks.

Room tip: Parking is next door over night costs $25
Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2021

The Wayfarer is a sexy new addition to Downtown Los Angeles! We stayed a couple weeks ago and were very impressed! The location is perfect. The hotel is located in a well lit, safe part of DTLA close to shopping, fine dining and LA Live. The rooms have HUGE televisions. I felt like I was in a movie theatre! And huge bathrooms too (girlfriend was very happy) and plenty of plugs for phones, laptops and other devices in convenient places. Whoever designed these rooms had function in mind as well as aesthetic and it shows. The true stars of the hotel are the 1) the upstairs - a rooftop restaurant and bar with killer views and creative cocktails and 2) the downstairs speakeasy which was both quirky and opulent with a great DJ. Anyone who stays here will have a hard time deciding which area they prefer more. As for me? I preferred it all and recommend staying here if you are a local attending a concert or meeting friends for dinner and want to skip the hassle of driving home late night. End your night at the Wayfarer and you will be glad you did!

Date of stay: November 2021