All reviewskorea townkorean bbqwiltern theaterburger restaurantpurple linecomplimentary winewine receptionhardwood floorsquaint hotelbrick wallcontinental breakfastvalet parkingwine hourloved this hotelmetro stationvalet servicehotel lobby
Reviewed 17 January 2018

My wife and I were visiting the LA area over New Year's week and stayed at the Normandie. While it's location made access to all of our planned activities easy it was the friendly, helpful attitude of the staff that made our stay memorable. Alway's willing to help us, and we noticed others too, with any question we had about the next stop on our itenerary.

Room Tip: Ask for an 'inside room' for an extra quiet night.
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JR B, Front Office Manager at Hotel Normandie, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Thank you so very much for writing such a kind review! We're happy to have been of service and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Great location - convenient to Koreatown's bustling restaurant scene. Nice staff and breakfast is included. Hotel lighting is a bit dark but rooms are spacious and have refrigerators and that is a handy feature. Walking distance to good restaurants on Wilshire too.

Room Tip: rooms can be noisy along 6th Street.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 January 2018

The wife and I spent 7 nights at Normandie.

The Bad. It’s noisy on the street, there are no closets or drawers.

The good. EXCELLENT staff. Wonderful environment with an old look and feel that is quite charming. Comfortable and clean. Seemed to be a nice area with lots of food options. The Cassells connected was actually very good in both food and service. Highly suggest the fried chicken sandwich and vanilla malt.

Overall we loved this place and will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are looking for elegance, keep looking. The rooms are somewhat small and lack features but are very comfortable...we had no issues with sleep during our stay.
Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I don't even know where to begin. i wasn't going to write a review but i feel like new guests should know this before staying. The customer service in this hotel is absolutely terrible. The front desk employee's have no idea what they are doing. We arrived and our room only had one bed. We called front desk and they said they would move us to a room with two beds the following night no problem. I then get a call back saying it would be an extra $30 a night. I spoke to the manager who was so "generous" enough to lower it to $15 a night extra. They ask for a $50 deposit which is whatever but when i switched rooms the front desk wanted me to put a second deposit down which i refused. I told them i wasn't checking out i was just moving rooms so i didn't understand. They wanted me to check out of my old room at 12pm but didn't want to give me the new room until 3pm. I was confused and asked them what they expected me to do with my stuff? they said they would hold onto it. I had a lot of expensive stuff with me and just didn't feel comfortable. They said i could keep my stuff in the old room until the new room was ready and they would move it over for us that way we didn't have to stay and wait. Well they didn't end up moving our stuff we hauled everything down ourselves which is fine but I'm not sure why they offered? Then during our stay i politely greeted a housekeeping employee in the hallway and asked her if we could have some extra towels by chance instead of having them clean our room. She acted like she was irritated by me asking her her and she just walked away. i was confused but okay I went back in my room and waited for a half hour and realized she wasn't coming. Other then that experience housekeeping were the only delight of that hotel. Im honestly really confused how they are rated so high. Maybe it was New Years and they were a little overwhelmed but i had a terrible experience and not at a reasonable price to just let it go. I would suggest the Line Hotel right around the block.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank joshbA1841AE

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your time as well as your business. I apologize that your experience was anything other than amazing. Your reservation was booked for a king, on New Year's Eve night, and you wanted to switch to a double, which on NYE were at a premium. Also, we had to move you out of the room you were in when you wanted to make that switch because we needed to get it ready for the next guest, as we sold out that night and most everyone was checking in early to get ready for their evening. I know you mentioned that you don't understand how we are highly rated, but we are because we normally provide amazing customer service. Over 87% of the 718 reviews we have are 4 bubbles or more. And many of our reviews with less than four bubbles do mention that at least the customer service was good. I am terribly sorry you didn't get to experience this. If you would give us another opportunity to restore your faith in our property, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will personally handle your next booking.

Always at your service,

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Having to make a last-minute trip to LA, I researched all the hotels in the area we were interested in that were greater than 4 *. Sadly, I found that most or booked and "settled" on the hotel Normandie. What a pleasant surprise! We ended up in a king suite, and extended our stay for a full week! The hotel is clean, comfortable, the bed was excellent and the suite was spacious. We've been burned before with stays in small Indie hotels, but you don't have to worry about that here. The continental breakfast was great, and the coffee shop next door is amazing. The staff was extremely helpful. The valet parking was very convenient and affordable at $30 a night. We ended up extending our stay for a week, and have much nicer room than we would have been able to get at any of the "Branded" properties nearby. So long as our family lives nearby, we will stay here again, and again!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
JR B, Front Office Manager at Hotel Normandie, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018