“Solid hotel in the centre of Hollywood”
Review of W Hollywood

W Hollywood
Ranked #80 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with friends--the lobby and the bar area was quite impressive, with red colour and very Hollywood flavour to the whole decor.
We stayed in a spectacular (?) room which gave us a "premium" view--instead of facing the parking lot/wall we were given an okay view out of the window from our room. Great queen beds in the room and the decoration and in room technology were more than acceptable.
We tried the rooftop pool which was a great plus to the hotel--nice cabanas to chill under the sun and the only thing to pick on is that the pool was rather small. Great facility nonetheless.
Hotel staff were fairly friendly and helpful and the central Hollywood location is quite convenient for tourists who wish to go to Kodak theatre etc.

Last but not least there is a taxi station outside the hotel which makes one without a car easy to navigate round Los Angeles

I thought all in all a fairly good W property but I wouldn't pay anything over 300 for it. Try it when there's a promotion.

Room Tip: Choose one with an actual view (not the parking lot nor wall)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

...which you have to walk through the restaurant to get to. Oh, and by the way, was closed at 6 one evening for a private dinner.
When it was open the next day, there was no one to staff the place. If we wanted anything, we could use a telephone in the restaurant to call down to room service using the in-room dining menu to have things delivered up there. It was all very strange, not what i'd expect from a W at all (and this was in the middle of the afternoon). Aside from this one hiccough, service was above par.
Gym was nice, the finishings in the hotel were nice, and the room was quiet.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The hotel itself was beautiful, but it is definitely not a place for kids. I had my two teenage sons with me, so they were ok with it, but they were not really all that excited for the place. Not much for them to do. The location was ideal. You walk out the door and see all the stars in the sidewalk. The staff was exceptional and treated everyone with equal respect. Even the valet parkers had class. They worked hard - running to get people their cars in a timely manner. I asked for help several times and the staff were always courteous and helpful. The rooms were on the smaller side, but it was nicely decorated in a contemporary theme. Clean. The only thing I really didn't like was the pool. It was small with not many chairs around it. There were cabanas, but they're pricey to rent. Starting at something like $200 and up to in the $1000s. Definitely not kid friendly. Keep in mind in the summer months, the weekends are reserved for adult only parties at the pool, so the kids are definitely not allowed in then. The restaurant attached to the pool was very cool looking and trendy, but again, after a certain time, there is a hefty cover charge and the kids are not allowed in. If I stayed there again, I would either go only with my husband or go with friends. Definitely not the kids.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! You are correct; W Hollywood does have a vibrant, but adult nightlife. Thank you for the kind words about our Talent. We pride ourselves on providing amazing service to all of our guests, and I will be sure to pass the compliments on. I look forward to welcoming you and your husband to W Hollywood in the future!

Brad Wulff

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I must admit that after reading reviews on this hotel I was very hesitant about our stay. To our surprise everything was wonderful. The hotel is beautiful; The gym is stat of the art; the Acura shuttle was a great perk; all of the staff were friendly and helpful. Please remember the nightclub is only open on W-Fri-Sat-Sun. We stayed Sun-Tues. We asked for a room away from the nightclub and were put in room 1030. I admit I could hear a remote screaching noise in the background but could sleep. On our 2nd night there the guests next door were having a very loud party. The walls at this hotel were very thin. We could hear everything they were saying. Lucky for us due to the negative reviews we had read we brought ear plugs and they did help. The area right outside the hotel was a little seedy. We had our 12 year old daughter with us so we came back to our room by 9:00 every night. Overall this was a good stay. We would stay again, I mean afterall loud guests next door could happen at any hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the nightclub.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us in Hollywood! It's great we were able to accommodate you with a quiet room upon your arrival. Our primary concern is the comfort of our guests, and I wanted to let you know that you can always contact the Welcome Desk with any issues during your stay.

Our property is definitely located right in the heart of Hollywood, and I am glad you were able to enjoy it as a family!

Please let me know next time you stay with us, and I will ensure you have another amazing W Hollywood experience!

Thanks again,

Brad Wulff
brad.wulff@whotels.com

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed here for 3 consecutive nights. It was a great experience aside from some credit card billing errors which saw the hotel staff pre-auth my credit card for a few thousand dollars which in return was frozen by my bank due to suspicious activity. The hotel got involved and made a call to the bank which released the hold. The front desk manager, Brian, who helped me was absolutely fantastic. He made it all right within about an hour.

If you are looking for a family retreat and have young kids you may want to chose elsewhere as this hotel is full of excitement and constant good times.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends