“Plastic Pizza”
Review of Eataly

Eataly
Ranked #496 of 11,728 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I visited Eataly some time after it opened, avoiding the long lines mentioned by many reviews. However, my first pizza came out soggy. The waiter said, "Oh, Italian pizza is supposed to be soggy." I sent the pizza back and chose another pizza - A $29 PIZZA! When I received this pizza, it was relatively plain (no sauce, prosciutto on top with a few flakes of shaved parmesan). While eating the second piece, I bite into a piece of plastic. At that point, I gave up and called the manager over again. He comped my entire ticket (including alcohol) and I left.

The Eataly in New York is a destination experience. Go there. Avoid the LA Eataly until they figure out a $29 pizza should be something special. And, just to be clear, plastic should not be a pizza topping choice.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This place is amazing!!! They have something for everyone.... a shopping and wonderful dining experience!!! Absolutely delicious food , fun vibe ,& great service!! Be prepared to spend a little bit of dough though.... after all you get what you pay for

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Heard all the hype and decided to go....it is a very impressive place.. The concept is fabulous, but a tip here is there is a different kitchen for each plate... Example my wife ordered a salad and pasta and I order a salad andPizza... Salads came out together and they are huge, we should have been told by the waiter. $$ Next came my Pizza looking great, waited a couple of minutes then my wife said start cause it would get cold...10 minutes later her pasta came to the table and it was cold..I mean stone cold...Waiter seems confused and went and got a supervisor..lol lol...who took the plate back, another 10 minutes passed and the supervisor brought out the very hot pasta...Sorry madame and left....Wow...all about the $$$ never saw the waiter again... dang I left 20%.. I think the attitude here is not trying to build a repetitive business, just a get them once and get them good. The food would not rate in the top 10 Italian places to eat in La. But if you want to buy the ingredients used in the dishes you order THATS THE TICKET. We will never go back to eat..

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

So much fun to shop and the food was great Cant wait to go back. The weekend was very busy I would ho back on a week day. Ate the fresh tagliatelle and margarita pizza Excellent Bought some sausage mild and jot to grill at home Delish

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Arrived late on a Saturday morning around 11:30am. Was a bit confused entering from the lower floor, did not know the major shops were upstairs.

After finding the main shops, it was fun to see all the different types of Italian food. They have a window for one shop showing how they make bread.

Even though it wasn't even noon, there was already a 30 -40 minute wait for the restaurant. So we opted for one of the take out places.

Ended up getting Roman style pizza. The bread is very thick. Cost for the take out stand is more reasonable than the restaurant. However, to try other varieties of Italian food, we would have to go visit each section, which would take time. Tables for eating take out food is near the front of the shopping area, while the restaurant is in the back.

I want to go back again and try something else. While pricey, Eataly stands out as a unique place to eat and shop for anything Italian.