“Disgusting/ cold meal ”

Ranked #168 of 11,892 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Neighbourhood: Universal City Area
Neighbourhood: Universal City Area
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Travelling from Scotland with our twin girls who are Harry Potter fans we decided to try this restaurant as we had visited the one in Florida. Wasn’t expecting much as theme park however found it disgusting- food was cold , greasy , churned out on plastic plates . Limited menu , overpriced drinks . We went late in evening as waiting on Harry Potter light show but wouldn’t recommend felt our food had been lying all day . Really disappointing I wouldn’t recommend . I had adult fish and chips and my daughter had exactly the same portion at half the price so I would just order a kids menu . Chicken tenders inedible as so over cooked and my husband couldn’t remove any meat from the ribs . I really hate how theme parks can get away with selling this kind of rubbish

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Visited yesterday and was shocked at the positive reviews. It’s a cold barn of a place pretending to be somehow,linked,to Harry Potter. You are herded round chain railings and told to go to a check in desk where you order food from a very limited menu which is served Immediately to you ( precooked and cold) on plastic plates with plastic cutlery. You then find a table yourself. Food is grim, setting is horrible. Can only be to Harry Potter fans who are so taken with the whole concept that they will tolerate anything pretending to be linked to their hero. It’s truly terrible. We complained and had the cost of the meal refunded. The only positive I could mention is that the manager dealt with our justifiable complaints professionally and resolved them by giving us our money back. Never ever again.

1  Thank Mia G
Reviewed 31 March 2018

When you are in a theme park, you should expect two things:

1. Overpriced food (paying for convenience and/or ambiance)
2. Several junk food options.

While priced highly, Three Broomsticks avoids the "junk food" trap.

Three Broomsticks serves English-y, pub-like fare. I was pleased that there were so many options that contained vegetables. I also liked the fact that with the cafeteria-style service, the seating felt like a nice, thematic dining room. My husband and I both had salads and shepherd's pie. We split a butterbeer, which I expected to find way too sweet, but I actually really liked it.

When you are in the "Wizarding World," you are paying highly for ambiance. It was priced higher than I usually pay for lunch, but I enjoyed myself and ate reasonably well.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

The beautiful design of this place and the pretty good food are ruined by the rude staff and their inability to deal with crowding in a reasonable manner. They need to put up a sign if they do not want people to seat themselves, which is unexpected in a cafeteria style setup. I sat down while my husband went to get the food. I was barked at by a staff member that I "can't sit there, you have to wait in line." You are expected to go through the line just to sit down. I can understand that they might be better able to keep things organized by holding tables as people pay for their food, but expecting all members of every party to go through the line just makes the crowding worse. And this guy certainly couldn't be bothered to even be polite about it. If they had any sense, they would assign numbers or something when it's crowded enough to warrant that. If we ever return to Universal, we won't ever eat here again.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We had lunch at the three broomsticks and it was great. They have a little different menu than the typical burger, hot dog, or pizza. The fish and chips were great for the price. They have plenty of seating and were very efficient even at lunch.