Lowest prices for your stay
$176
Free cancellation until 02/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$178
Free cancellation until 02/10/22
FindHotel
$171
Free cancellation until 01/10/22
Hotels.com$176
Priceline$176
Hurb$181
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2022 via mobile

Worst hotel experience ever. I arrived 3pm at check-in time and had to wait 30 minutes to get a room. they did not have a room available. So we waited 30 minutes for them to clean the room. And when we got into the room the bed sheets and the comforter were stained. We asked for housekeeping to come and change the sheets as they were stained. However after waiting another 30 minutes no one came to clean the room. As the room wasn’t clean we requested a refund as IHG has a clean promise. However, they refuse to refund my money. They said “the manager is not here”. While clearly there a manager was in the other room. The check-in lady had no idea what she was doing as she was new to her job. Would never ever book with them. Please stay somewhere else. They blatantly lie to our faces. Avoid them like the plague .

Room tip: Please avoid at all cost
Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Woodland Hills, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2022

Hi Sohail R,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel.

We're committed to providing you with the best overall experience and it seems that we've missed the mark. I'm sorry to hear about the delayed check-in, the cleanliness issues with the room, and the quality of service received in addressing this let you down. What you described isn't the experience we want you to have or to any guests. I shared this with our hotel management. I'm confident that the necessary actions will be taken, so situations as this will not happen again. I also sent you a private message discussing this matter.

We're grateful to have you as one of our valued guests. We look forward to hosting your stay again and show that the unsatisfactory part of your visit was an exception!

Safe travels,

Jomar M.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 October 2021

Our experience here was unlike any we have experienced with Holiday Inn Express in 20 years!
First, it is very difficult to find the entrance while driving (our GPS took us to a Wendy's parking lot and after winding around and going back out onto the street we finally found the entry for the underground parking and check in. Better signage would have helped.

Check in was fine, however, they required that $50 must be charged on our credit card before staying in our room, and then it would be refunded upon checking out. Granted this is the first traveling we've done since the Pandemic started, so possibly rules may have changed. It made us feel like this was the wrong hotel for us right away if clientele are so sketchy. The money was refunded at checkout.
When getting into our room (we were extremely tired (our visit was for medical tests) and had driven a long distance. First there was 1 hand towell for 2 if us, no washcloths and only 1 soap for the bathroom (no shower soap). there was no decaf coffee stocked at the coffee area and lastly there was not one tissue in the kleenex box. And lastly, when did hotels do away with telephones in rooms? This was discovered when we tried to call the desk for the items we were missing. Thus, in case there was an emergency in your room you better have a phone and the hotels phone number on your phone. Although I could get the phone number, we decided we better go back down to the desk and ask for the items missing that we needed as we had no confidence they would ever get them to us.
Also, we had asked for 2 waters at the desk and he said we didn't qualify, although we had built up quite a few points prior to pandemic we had no activity for over a year and a half. However, we have never been refused a water at any HI Express in 20+ years. Although we didn't complain the desk clerk started to offer us water out of the machine, when he realized they were out of water too. Lastly, he didn't have any Kleenex as their shipment hadn't arrived, we could understand that happening (but a trip to the store to get some maybe would seem to be good business practice in emergencies for any business)
We are understanding people but this made us question HI Express for the future and definitely wouldn't ever stay here again.

Room tip: We won't be staying here again.
Date of stay: September 2021
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Woodland Hills, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2021

Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for leaving us a review.

I am sorry to learn about the issues encountered with parking, the service provided by our staff, the request for water, and the limited in-room amenities. I also understand your concern about the $50 incidental hold. I am glad that it was refunded after you checked out. We want to ensure our guests always have a comfortable and seamless stay. I appreciate your time to let us know about your experience. I have shared your comments with hotel management, and I trust that they will address the entire team to discuss necessary improvements.

I hope you will give us another try, the next time you're in the area!

Safe travels,

Jonathan A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 September 2019 via mobile

I am surprised about the good reviews for this Holiday Inn Express! Such an old hotel! Supposedly they are renovating, but we certainly were put in a room that was not! Mold all over the bathroom outside the shower and inside. A toilet with a toilet paper holder that you could not possibly reach without standing up, a chair in front of the bathroom that had to be moved every time we went in. (See photos below). A dark, dreary room outside in front of their small, narrow pool, with people shouting in the pool until late at night. Not enough lighting, no updated plugs for cell phones, tablets, etc. Old furniture and curtains on the windows that looked like they were hung in the 1950’s. Very disappointing and not up to speed with other Holiday Inn Expresses that we have stayed. We learned a lesson...look at the room first before staying! The woman handling the breakfast room was rude. They were out of pancake mix, and when I let her know, she said it was 10 minutes before closing, so she wasn’t going to refill the machine. Then she proceeded to collect all of the remaining food and turn off all warmers, toasters, etc. 10 minutes early. We were very happy to leave here!

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank lagunanina
JeffHIE_WoodlandHill, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Woodland Hills, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2019

Hi Mr. lagunanina,
I did want to confirm that we are going through renovation. We have started on the top floor and are working our way down. We can unfortunately only doing a handful of rooms at a time, and I do hope you understand. Some of the issues you mentioned, like the lighting and the chair are being taken care of with the renovation. We have listened to the comments we have received before and are striving to make everything better and more modern. There will be USB outlets near the bed and the desk, more lighting throughout the room itself and a better layout of where the desk and chair are.
As far as breakfast we do apologize in regards to our host. We will definitely have a meeting with her to discuss this and work on it.
Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 18 July 2019

Jessica was very nice. Enjoyed speaking with her. Very good breakfast. Loved having a hot breakfast every morning before heading out for our day out. Variety of breakfast choices. Would stay again next time we are in town.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MustLoveShepherds
JeffHIE, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Woodland Hills, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review with us as we appreciate all feedback given. We are glad to hear the Jessica was pleasant and you had a good time. We are also happy to hear that the breakfast was good for you every morning. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 9 June 2019 via mobile

Driving through and needed place to stay near 101. Check in was smooth. Ended up giving me a handicap accessible room since he said it was the only room left. It was on first floor right near pool and courtyard. There were at least 6 young guys sitting around a table talking and drinking it was after 10pm, so I thought that might be a problem but I just turned up ac fan in room and I couldn’t hear any noise after that. Carpet in room a little dirty looking but everything else seemed clean. Bed and pillows were comfortable so that was a plus! I’d consider staying here again if I was passing through.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JeffreyH2167, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Woodland Hills, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review with us as we appreciate all feedback. We are glad you had a good stay and that the bed and pillows were comfortable. We will take a look at the carpet and do a deep cleaning on it. We hope to see you again.