Lowest prices for your stay
$188
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline$186
Travelocity$186
getaroom.com$193
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 November 2018

Stayed here one night during evacuation from the Woolsey Fire. It was nice to get into room at noon as I had been up all night.

Room was quite and comfortable and I slept great.

Room is next to several places to eat.

Free inside parking.

Free breakfast was typical for this type of hotel.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

Would stay here again.

Price was reasonable even though I booked the same day and they were close to being sold out.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
JeffreyH2167, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Woodland Hills, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Express in Woodland Hills.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve the guest experience. My team goes above and beyond for every guest. If you happen to be in the area again, please do reach out to us so we can be of service again.

Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 818 222 2299 or geeta@hiewoodlandhills.com.

Geeta Kumar
geeta@hiewoodlandhills.com

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Service: All of the staff was very friendly from the front desk to the lady who tended the breakfast area.

Location: Right on Ventura Blvd. Plenty of parking on-site with an underground garage. There is no fee for parking there. There is a Mexican restaurant right across the street and a Wendy's right next door. Other than that, not much to walk to. It took us just under an hour from LAX to get there through the traffic.

Amenities: They offer a continental breakfast which is included with the stay. The breakfast has all of your basic continental breakfast items: oatmeal, fruit, muffins, pastries, etc. There is a pool on site but its pretty small, there wasn't many outdoor chairs to hang out by the pool.

The Room: We stayed in the King double room suite. There was a small wet bar with a dorm style fridge. The room itself was spacious enough but in general, everything looked worn down. Drawers were broken and the wallpaper needs replacing. The beds were comfortable enough but the mattress needed to be replaced. The furniture was just worn and looked heavily used. The TV was unplugged when we got to the room which was just kind of odd. We had an issue with a roach in the bathroom and they took care of it right away but that just got us feeling like the place was mediocre.

In the end, the lesson here is you get what you pay for. We were on a trip visiting family who lived locally and really just needed a place to sleep. Looking back, it was nice to have the two rooms with the kids but the room itself just had an worn out feel to it.

Room tip: We stayed in the hotel building. They have rooms that accessed from outside by the pool if you prefer that style.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Woodland Hills, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hi fcravo,

Thank you for choosing us on your family trip. While I am glad to know that you appreciated our staff, parking, and our location, I was also concerned that you were not impressed with our pool, room, and mattress among the others. Sorry for any inconvenience you might have experienced and sorry for the roach in the bathroom as well. This should not be the case as we only want you to have a memorable experience with us. I'll let our team know about your concerns for our improvements.

Your honest feedback means a lot to us and we hope to get another chance to provide you a better stay next time.

Mike F.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Look I do not expect amazing things at a Holiday Inn express. Really. You know what you're getting. A clean bed. Cold AC. Free bacon in the morning. The basics. And you won't get charged a ton for it. Or, in my case, you're going to pay for it on points and that won't be that much.

Well this one failed the basics test.

Let's start with the few good things. The common furniture seems pretty new as does the carpet and the room furnishings. It's not worn the way that some others can be occasionally. The bed was fine and the sheets were clean. And the bathroom seemed well maintained with plenty of towels.

And that's where the good stops. Here's the bad.

It started with the check-in. I'm platinum elite at IHG but usually that good for an upgrade or a free bottle of water. Or at least an acknowledgement when you get there. Nothing. I asked for a late checkout which I usually get with IHG. He said I'd have to wake up early and ask the morning shift. I said that would defeat the purpose of getting a late checkout to sleep in a little bit. He said he couldn't help me.

Didn't matter. I wasn't going to sleep anyway.

The AC in my room was a wall mounted one that sounded like someone was starting a tractor. Loud groaning startup, a kick when it hit and then this rumble. So okay, it's an older AC without a thermostat. It's going to be noisy. But that's fine with me. As long as it's CONSTANT noisy. If it's constant you can at least tune it out.

Yeah not so fast. This one kicked on and off all night as it tried to adjust to the room temperature. Which meant ever 30 minutes this thing would rumble on and off and keep me up. It was just not good. So in that case I go to earplugs. I plug my phone into the lamp sockets and sleep next to it so I can hear the alarm and not accidentally sleep til noon.

Nope. Both the lamp sockets were loose from use and wouldn't charge my phone. One also had a bulb out. Cut to me afraid to put in my earplugs for fear of oversleeping and not getting much sleep at all. I get up early in the morning because I can't sleep. I go down for coffee and bacon. That'll put things right.

No bacon.

This Holiday Inn express - as I would later learn - only does sausage OR bacon. Never both in the same breakfast buffet. Which is what EVERY OTHER HIE DOES. Anyway I checked out, I told all this to the checkout clerk. She offered to throw me 5K points for my bad experience. This after I paid 25K and 50 bucks for a night of no benefits, no bacon and bad sleep. I told her to keep it.

Next time I'm going to the Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys. At least there you get a thermostat and bacon.

Room tip: All the AC's are loud. Don't try to get one that's quieter. It's a lost cause.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank ChurchofBillMurray
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Woodland Hills, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Hi there, ChurchofBillMurray!

I came across your review, and while I'm happy you found our beds and sheets clean, I'm disappointed to see that your stay didn't go well because of the unsatisfactory service you received, AC noise and limited breakfast selection. I get your sentiments and I'm sorry. What you described certainly isn't what we want for our guests. I've noted your feedback and shared this with the hotel. They will make sure that actions will be taken so this does not happen again.

Thanks for being a Platinum Elite member and for choosing to stay with us. We would like to make it up to you, so when you visit the area again, I hope you give us another try.

Regards,

Joel A

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Lets start with the PROS: free parking, right off 101,plenty of towels and bathroom accessories,quiet, free breakfast, new beds and nice size rooms.The front staff wa pleasant.
CONS: The lobby is a PIT....old,depressing and in BAD need of updating. Surrounding area sketchy. Housekeeping was awful! I had some paper scraps on the floor that was not real noticeable by the bed but they never vacuumed by the bed at all cuz they were there for 2 days!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jmamadukes
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Woodland Hills, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Hi jmamadukes,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review on TripAdvisor. It is good to know that you found the breakfast served to your liking. Thank you as well for noting our nice rooms and our front desk staff.

I am sorry for not meeting your expectations when it comes to the cleanliness level of the room received. This is not reflective of IHG's high standard. I also regret to read about your disappointments with the lobby. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Visit for my friend’s birthday! This was best location ever! We were away from craziness of LA traffic yet writhing 15 min to Santa Monica and LA for beach and evening outings! Staff was the best - superb customer service and FREE parking! Didn’t think that existed any more especially in this area! To start off with hot coffee and scrumptious breakfast and not worry where to go & how much etc was plus! Simple, efficient and great value for our money! Love it and will be back.

Date of stay: July 2018