Lowest prices for your stay
$188
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline$186
Travelocity$186
getaroom.com$193
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 September 2018

Look I do not expect amazing things at a Holiday Inn express. Really. You know what you're getting. A clean bed. Cold AC. Free bacon in the morning. The basics. And you won't get charged a ton for it. Or, in my case, you're going to pay for it on points and that won't be that much.

Well this one failed the basics test.

Let's start with the few good things. The common furniture seems pretty new as does the carpet and the room furnishings. It's not worn the way that some others can be occasionally. The bed was fine and the sheets were clean. And the bathroom seemed well maintained with plenty of towels.

And that's where the good stops. Here's the bad.

It started with the check-in. I'm platinum elite at IHG but usually that good for an upgrade or a free bottle of water. Or at least an acknowledgement when you get there. Nothing. I asked for a late checkout which I usually get with IHG. He said I'd have to wake up early and ask the morning shift. I said that would defeat the purpose of getting a late checkout to sleep in a little bit. He said he couldn't help me.

Didn't matter. I wasn't going to sleep anyway.

The AC in my room was a wall mounted one that sounded like someone was starting a tractor. Loud groaning startup, a kick when it hit and then this rumble. So okay, it's an older AC without a thermostat. It's going to be noisy. But that's fine with me. As long as it's CONSTANT noisy. If it's constant you can at least tune it out.

Yeah not so fast. This one kicked on and off all night as it tried to adjust to the room temperature. Which meant ever 30 minutes this thing would rumble on and off and keep me up. It was just not good. So in that case I go to earplugs. I plug my phone into the lamp sockets and sleep next to it so I can hear the alarm and not accidentally sleep til noon.

Nope. Both the lamp sockets were loose from use and wouldn't charge my phone. One also had a bulb out. Cut to me afraid to put in my earplugs for fear of oversleeping and not getting much sleep at all. I get up early in the morning because I can't sleep. I go down for coffee and bacon. That'll put things right.

No bacon.

This Holiday Inn express - as I would later learn - only does sausage OR bacon. Never both in the same breakfast buffet. Which is what EVERY OTHER HIE DOES. Anyway I checked out, I told all this to the checkout clerk. She offered to throw me 5K points for my bad experience. This after I paid 25K and 50 bucks for a night of no benefits, no bacon and bad sleep. I told her to keep it.

Next time I'm going to the Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys. At least there you get a thermostat and bacon.

Room tip: All the AC's are loud. Don't try to get one that's quieter. It's a lost cause.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank ChurchofBillMurray
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Woodland Hills, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Hi there, ChurchofBillMurray!

I came across your review, and while I'm happy you found our beds and sheets clean, I'm disappointed to see that your stay didn't go well because of the unsatisfactory service you received, AC noise and limited breakfast selection. I get your sentiments and I'm sorry. What you described certainly isn't what we want for our guests. I've noted your feedback and shared this with the hotel. They will make sure that actions will be taken so this does not happen again.

Thanks for being a Platinum Elite member and for choosing to stay with us. We would like to make it up to you, so when you visit the area again, I hope you give us another try.

Joel A

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Lets start with the PROS: free parking, right off 101,plenty of towels and bathroom accessories,quiet, free breakfast, new beds and nice size rooms.The front staff wa pleasant.
CONS: The lobby is a PIT....old,depressing and in BAD need of updating. Surrounding area sketchy. Housekeeping was awful! I had some paper scraps on the floor that was not real noticeable by the bed but they never vacuumed by the bed at all cuz they were there for 2 days!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jmamadukes
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Woodland Hills, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Hi jmamadukes,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review on TripAdvisor. It is good to know that you found the breakfast served to your liking. Thank you as well for noting our nice rooms and our front desk staff.

I am sorry for not meeting your expectations when it comes to the cleanliness level of the room received. This is not reflective of IHG's high standard. I also regret to read about your disappointments with the lobby. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Visit for my friend’s birthday! This was best location ever! We were away from craziness of LA traffic yet writhing 15 min to Santa Monica and LA for beach and evening outings! Staff was the best - superb customer service and FREE parking! Didn’t think that existed any more especially in this area! To start off with hot coffee and scrumptious breakfast and not worry where to go & how much etc was plus! Simple, efficient and great value for our money! Love it and will be back.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for our 3 night stay during our Universal Studios trip and it was just okay. I will not return or recommend due to cleanliness of the hotel.

I like the Holiday Inn brand it's my choice for our family trips but did not care for this location. Parking, breakfast & Wi-Fi were all fine but the hotel just needs a little extra cleaning. Our sheets and towels were freah and clean, no dirty stains on the carpet but the cabinets, desktop, tables and doors looked dirty we could clearly see fingerprints and smudges. Our room did not smell but the hallway did and it gave a bad 1st impression.

We did a 2 day trip to Universal Studios, day 1 we left the hotel at 8A & it took 40 minutes due to traffic on day 2 we left at 8:30A & it took 1 hour in morning traffic but both days it was a 20 minute drive from the park to hotel, the location on Ventura Blvd also looks a bit rough and would not recommended walking around.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Woodland Hills, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Hi diada5,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so sorry to see that you were not completely impressed with your stay particularly with the cleanliness of your room. The experience you described certainly isn’t what we want for any guest. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team. I know they appreciate you sharing your experience, and I am confident they will take the appropriate steps to improve.

We value you as our guest and hope that we would have another chance to provide you an experience that you have come to know from IHG.

Christian C.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

They have a very large back parking lot which was primarily why we chose this hotel...to accommodate our UHaul trailer. Room was on the street side, though, and very noisy. Pillows were hard as was the bed. Otherwise a place to sleep for the night. No breakfast or restaurant on site, just a few snacks and coffee. Denny's next door, though. Very small front desk with only one person on staff all night. Not sure who was watching the parking lot.

Room tip: Make sure you get on the back side away from the road!
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jim P
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Woodland Hills, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Hi Jim P,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. While it is great to know that you were able to appreciate the size of our parking lot, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our room, pillows, and the bed among the others. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a completely great experience. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay and your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Mike F.