Lowest prices for your stay
$186
Free cancellation until 16/10/22
Booking.com$188
Priceline$186
Hurb$191
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 February 2018

When I travel, I normally don't stay at Holiday Inns because I normally travel solo and I look for more budget-minded accommodations. But in some locales, Holiday Inns are competitively priced with other hotels. Such is the case in the last two locations where I stayed while traveling along the coast of California. My stays at both the La Jolla and Woodland Hills Holiday Inn Express has been exceptional. What stands out the most about my experiences is the outstanding customer service compared to other budget hotel chains. Both times at both hotels the front desk personnel went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as possible. I stayed at one of the suites instead of the regular rooms as the regular rooms do not have microwaves. My suite was very large and very clean and the hot breakfast was very good.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Lawrence B
Reviewed 9 February 2018

I am a IHG gold stars traveler so I stay in many Holiday Inns and Holiday Inn Expresses. This must be among the worst I have stayed in. It has the feel of a bad roadside motel.

Positives - Large room and bathroom, good breakfast, good internet.

Negatives - Water in the shower takes 5-7 minutes to get warm, in the sink 3-5 minute. The closet does not have a door, Despite having a reservation and arriving in the afternoon the only room clean and available was on the first floor. these rooms all have external doors which makes it easy for anyone to walk up to. The might front desk person was missing when I went to ask a question and returned in 5 minutes. After answering my question he went outside to smoke and was there another 5 minutes at least. I guess the only working staff member gets long breaks.

I will never stay at this hotel again. I do not care if I have to drive an extra 30 minutes there are many other better options in and around Woodland Hills.

Room tip: Try anything but first floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank RoyN11356
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Woodland Hills, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Hello Roy N,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I value you as an IHG Rewards Gold Elite member and want to make sure that your input is being considered in our efforts to continually be better with what we do. I am sorry that the level of service and the condition of the room received fell out of expectations.

Your comments have been shared with the hotel management as reference to make sure we are always available and responsive to guest inquiries. I have confidence in our management team to implement the measures taken to avoid the issues mentioned. I have also sent you a Private message regarding your experience.

I hope you give us a second chance to serve you better next time.

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Good location to get back and forth from my customer without dealing with LA freeways. Super attentive front desk staff. Perfect breakfast. Rooms clean and recently updated. Only drawbacks were the parking. Pretty much nothing upstairs but always found a spot underground. Also my room had a birds eye view of the Wendy’s drive through. Better than cable and very entertaining! And the garbage truck empties the dumpster under my window at 6:18am every morning so no need for an alarm! Still a great spot and pretty much what you get for a city hotel. I liked it. Would go back.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Stay was excellent with great staff ranging from front desk to the cleaning staff. All around great stay. I also enjoyed the breakfast and gym. I did not get to use the pool as it was chilly and windy. The room was a good nice and very clean. I believe that when i am next in town I can see myself staying here again.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeffrey H
Reviewed 19 November 2017

We stayed two nights during the week. We found the hotel to be exceptionally clean. Not pine smelling clean but pleasantly clean. This location has a staff that is friendly and efficient. For our purposes it was close to our family and easy access to good dining. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and the food was very good. We're looking forward to our next visit.

Room tip: Don't let the photos of the covered parking garage influence any decisions about the hotel. Parking is great.
Date of stay: November 2017