Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills
Ranked #117 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I stayed here for an overnight weekend with my out of town friends. I originally booked at the Plaza Bevery Hills but my friends couldn't get reservations there as they are already fully book. So I cancelled my reservation there and booked here. I was surprised how the Plaza Hotel and this little Marriott hotel have pretty much the same price. I would probably prefer to stay at the Plaza but I'm still glad I booked here as I personally did not have issues on this hotel. In fact, I actually had a pleasant stay. My room was perfect for me. It was roomy, smells and feels clean. My sheets and my king size bed were comfortable. Most importantly, my room was very quiet. My first time to sleep 7 hours straight since my son was born. So yea, this deserve a 4 stars in my book. By all means, this hotel is more of a 3 stars hotel but pleasant stay and good night sleep is priceless.

Timmy the valet guy was also very pleasant and helpful. Marco, the front desk was accommodating to me. He seems apologetic for my friends plight when I told him about their issues, which he also tried to amend. But hey, that's their issues = their review :-)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Dear Thor G,

Thank you for the kind words on your review. The staff will be glad to read your comments. You were also one of the first guests to experience our newly renovated lobby. We are pleased with how the new lobby (lower level) and can't wait until the restaurant opens with Starbucks.

Thanks for staying with us and we look forward your future business.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

The worst is that we see bugs in bed.

used dishes piled up and fell on the floor in the breakfast room without being cleaned up, location is far from transportation, condition is well below 3.5 star standard as claimed, and it is really over priced as the way it is.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Magbos
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Dear Magbos,

Your review is appreciated and I do apologize if things were not up to your expectation. I do sure hope you contacted someone at the hotel directly to address these areas of concern as we would never want any of our guests to expereince any of what you describe. Bugs in the bed as you describe is a very serious matter and most of the time they are brought in by someone else. We take great pride in addressing these issues with a sense of urgency using a reputable pest company.

Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

Renovation is never easy. However, the staff was trying very hard to help make our stay as good as it could be under the difficult circumstances. Our rooms were clean - mine was a bit bigger than my son's but adequate for what we needed. The hall rugs need replacement, but I understand that is in the works after the Lobby. You do need a second waffle maker for the cramped breakfast quarters, but the fruit was fresh, the yogurt was tasty, there was coffee and hot water as well as two kinds of milk, cinnamon rolls, english muffins, bagels and cream cheese, and cereal. For a continental breakfast it was very good. The staff was also on hand each day to help with whatever they could. We parked on the bottom level and took the elevator to the 2nd floor coming and going. Only had to take the stairs down the first nite.
All in all I was comfortable and slept well all 5 nights.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Dear Jeanne L.,

Thank you for your kind words about our staff and your comments regarding renovations. I am glad to announce we opened our lower lobby Friday, January 6th. It has turned out great and now the elevator is accessible again as it was designed. We are looking forward in about 4 more weeks in getting our restaurant level reopened as well.

Happy New Year and thanks again for your business.

Reviewed 26 December 2011

This hotel was filthy. Finger print and sticky stuff on every switch plate. No mattress pad on bed. Hallways dirty. The elevator stuck and the manager later told us that never happened. Never again..

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank bartwig
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Beds were comfortable but with an address boasting Beverly Hills that is what you would expect. It was close to Rodeo Drive.

Room Tip: Ask to be off the street if possible.