“Terrible staff, terrible room”
Review of Tokyo Princess Inn

Tokyo Princess Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
Tokyo Princess Inn
Ranked #61 of 94 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Had to stay this morning at this hotel, as I work night shift and my house is under construction.
Walked in at 7-30 am. The dude behind the counter quotes me $75 per room.
- But your website states it's $70.
- Oh, ok. You want 70 - fine.
Then he looks at me (I still had the uniform and the badge) and states:
- You are RN (nurse), right? You are making good money, what do you care if it's 70 or 75 dollars? Don't be cheap!
- Excuse me?! Are you counting the money in my pocket? It's a matter of principle!
Then I am asking for the quiet room, far from the road, in the courtyard, so that I could sleep. And the guy immediately quotes me $80 dollars. What a scumbag!
Anyway, I took the room, as I was so tired after had been working for 24 hours.
The room is a complete dump (room #117). One king size bed. The sheets were very clean, as well as towels (the only good thing about this room). The curtains were torn and dirty. Walls were dirty and the paint was chipping. The facet leaked and the counter got filled with water. Bathtub dirty. Shower facet is broket, but at least it worked. No remote from the TV.
2 dirty night stand lamps that were unplugged, since there was no plug anythere in the vicinity. But there was a mini fridge.
I mean, everything was shabby, falling apart and DIRTY.
And the front counter guy was just rude.
Will never stay there again. i don't recommend this hotel. AT ALL.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank krolikv

Reviewed 5 December 2011

I stayed at this small, heavily asian-themed motel for a few nights.  The prices were reasonable for the area and the furniture seemed to be fairly new.  Overall, it was good experience and I'd go there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Pepperoni71
Reviewed 26 August 2008

We have just returned from a weekend trip at the Tokyo Inn. The hotel is outdated, dirty and it did not feel safe at all.
If you can avoid it, please do so.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank patryf
Reviewed 6 February 2008

From the outside it looks like a standard, run of the mill motel, but you are in for a treat. The reception area has some wonderful oriental furniture, and an incredible picture on the wall On entering any of the the rooms, you see a trip to the orient, with all the wonderful oriental furnishings.When I was there, the spa was not yet done, so I am anxious to see and use it on my next trip. The morning continental breakfast is the best I've seen in all my travels for the last 20 years.

Stayed: November 2007
4  Thank lindaleah
Reviewed 7 February 2007

I was here a year ago, and it does seem to be going downhill. As a previous reviewer wrote, there is not a lot of choice if you need to be in this area. There's a Marriot Courtyard down Ventura in Sherman Oaks and a place called "Best West Inn" also in Sherman Oaks, both about 5 minutes away. Otherwise, this is pretty much it. It's not that terrible. It has evidently been sold and they have not been maintaining it well. An old place needs constant upkeep and the new owner does not seem up to the job. It's a little shabby and things work pretty well, but don't expect more than that. There's a 24 hour desk clerk and they do try to be helpful. You don't have much choice and the prices are low end for the area. You get a continental breakfast if you're up before 9 AM, but you have to be nippy to get a banana, but there were always bagels, apples, and waffles (jam only - if you want syrup bring your own). If you are more demanding, go to the Marriot and pay more, it's only 5 minutes away. Otherwise, loosen up and enjoy the decor.

Stayed: January 2007