The Westin Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #56 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I fly from Hawaii to various mainland destinations often, usually by red eye. Upon deciding to start doing a day flight with a stop over on the West Coast, decided to stay at the Westin LAX upon my husband's recommendation (of course, he's a premier member!) Arrived at the hotel at 10:30 at night tired and ready to get to bed as I had an 8am flight, stood in line with 10 other people for 20 minutes as premier and platinum Westin members came strolling in the door, through their line and directly to the counter. 3 front desk agents and all were helping only the premier members. Upon questioning the agent when I finally got up to the desk (we practically had a mutiny to get their attention) she said their policy is to always serve Premier/Platinum first. So the rest of us don't count at all? We could have stood their all night if a few of the people in our line didn't start getting quite vocal.

In addition, for those of you who choose vegetarian/vegan lifestyle, this hotel has absolutely no vegetarian/vegan options - not even a baked potato! Upon calling room service to ask about vegetarian options, she was quite indifferent and said "there's a green salad". I travel a lot and am willing to be quite flexible in putting together a vegetarian meal with sides, etc, but their room service had absolutely no interest in working with me.

Lastly, they gave me a room on near a road and their was quite a bit of road noise all night. Thank goodness for Ambien.

Needless, to say. I will never stay their again, and I am quite vocal about these things so I will be spreading the word. It at least rates a 1 for the bed. Great bed. But not enough to get me back to a hotel that doesn't care about adding more Premier members.

Room Tip: Not on the road side
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Linda P
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Linda P,

I am so disappointed to learn of your experience; providing great service has nothing to do with status or membership. We do have a Starwood Preferred Guest line that runs alongside other terminals, but in no way should it prevent assistance to those who are not affiliated with our loyalty program. Everyone deserves the same undivided attention. I would also like to apologize that we did not offer other options to accommodate your vegetarian lifestyle. As we support a healthy lifestyle, we should also be able to find other ways to meet specific dietary requests.

We hope that you will give The Westin Los Angeles Airport another try. Please contact me the next time you visit LA and reference your experience, so I can ensure you have a more enjoyable, restful stay. You can reach me at 310.417.4526.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I really wanted to like this hotel. All the reviews online were so nice and positive. The lobby is nice and welcoming with access to a gift shop (which I used to buy a tshirt and snacks for the plane), meeting space and the Daily Grille. The front desk gave me my keys and I asked if there complimentary internet with the hotel room. He looks on the computer and says no. I asked are there any complimentary amenities available at the hotel? He said no. My colleague was checking in with a gal next to me and she asked the agent if internet was included in her room and the agent said normally its not but I will push it through.... I went to my room on the 5th floor facing the airport. The room smelled funny and you can hear dogs barking consisently. I called down to the front desk to see if I can get a new room. The nice gentleman on the phone said not to go anywhere he'd be right up with the keys. So, after waiting 10-15 minutes I called down to the desk again. A lady answered this time and I asked if they were bringing up my keys. She said she wasn't sure were the keys were. So I said I would come down and pick them up. Come to find out there is a Kennel outside the hotel right next to the airport. Which explains the barking. On a positive note the Daily Grille is AMAZING. My colleague and I sat at the bar and had dinner. The bartender was entertaining and had us laughing all night. Overall- Okay stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Dear Amanda H,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback from your recent stay at The Westin. I’m sorry your experience did not reflect the positive reviews seen on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your dining experience at the Daily Grill. I am of course disappointed to read that you were not offered the same complimentary Internet as your colleague and were inconvenienced by the barking dogs. The dog kennel is our neighbor and people will drop off their dogs while out of town. We do not receive too many complaints, but unfortunately once in awhile when the dogs are let out, they bark. I hope the new room you were moved to allowed for a more peaceful stay.

Please let me know when travels bring you back to Los Angeles. I would like to personally select your accommodations to assure you have a more restful, enjoyable experience. Hopefully we can turn your mixed feelings into very positive feelings. You can reach me at 310.417.4526 or e-mail me at heather.repinski@westin.com.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I recently stayed overnight at Westin LAX before an early flight.

Pros:
-Large room, clean and quiet.
-Good shuttle service - didn't have to wait long.
-Large comfortable beds.

Cons:
-Internet is $13 per day.
-Decor is a little outdated and is perhaps one of the older properties among the Westin hotels.

However it's a perfect layover hotel because of the location and free shuttle.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Dear sea2skyaus,

Thank you for staying with us recently and posting your feedback. I’m pleased to hear you had an overall agreeable stay. I apologize you found the Internet fee to be a negative, but the next time you stay with us I invite you to take advantage of our complimentary Internet in the lobby.

We hope to welcome you back at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, should travels allow.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Spent 2 days at the Westin attending an in-house conference. Rooms are very clean and the beds are excellent. But the highlight is the Daily Grille restaurant. Dinner was impressive in both food and service. Katrina was our server and she was simply delightful. The salmon was outstanding and the meatloaf was so good that I want the recipe,Gaspatcho was great and veggies were perfectly cooked. One note...watch out for the caesar salad dressing which is too heavy with anchovie for my taste. We were so happy with Daily Grille that we did not even venture outside the hotel for meals and returned for dinner the next night and breakfast befor departure. Try the delicious hash benedict. The Grille runs like a Swiss watch. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Choose top floor Executive Level. It's worth the upcharge.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear ColoradoDesperado,

Thank you for sharing your experience and recognizing your server from the Daily Grill, Katrina. We will personally recognize her for her exceptional service and her ability to leave a great impression on you. I’m thrilled to hear you had an all around pleasant experience from the restaurant to the room and that you were able to enjoy your stay without having to leave the property.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you’re in LA!

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I was after some sleep and time to rest up between two travels - and I got what I wanted.
It's a nice hotel, nothing superfancy - but clean and efficient.
There was a free of charge airport shuttle and I was nicely surprised when I managed to check in to my room at 10am already.
The hotel has got a nice pool area and a gym (overlooking the airport) with the standard equipment.
There is also a beach shuttle going to Manhattan Beach and two shopping centres costing only $5. A nice way to kill a few hours (and if you want to eat anywhere else but in the hotel restaurant as the area hasn't got much to offer).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Dear Nordlis,

I’m pleased to hear we fulfilled your expectations and we had the availability to check you in early. Thank you for kindly reviewing our facilities and extra amenities like the Ocean Express Shuttle to Manhattan Beach. It’s a nice way to explore the surrounding areas and I’m sure fellow travelers will appreciate the suggestion.

I hope you have a chance to stay with us again soon!