3 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 09/07/22
LA Athletic Club$206
Travelocity$194
Etrip$194
All reviews athletic facilities downtown la steam room free breakfast hotel guests santa monica floor parking dtla neighborhood garage staples sirens uber
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 January 2022

Checked in on Monday the 17th and left the 24th booked directly through the website ( I recommend doing so ). I really enjoyed every experience and amenity this classic Los Angeles establishment has to offer. The staff are truly incredible and you can feel they really respect and love the establishment they work for. They go above and beyond for their members and hotel guest and for that alone i would prefer this place over a soho house or 4 start hotel as the service provided here is above luxury.

The staff gifted me a little treat from Bottega Louis as i celebrated my birthday and Melissa and BK are the most warmest and welcoming front desk i've ever experienced.. They made a conscious effort to communicate and ask about our day and plans and remember our name. Literally ABOVE & BEYOND.

Do i need to comment on the spa and athletic facility or the food we had? There is a reason this establishment has been in Los Angeles since pre 1900's.

Great job guys! Don't change a thing!

Date of stay: January 2022
Reviewed 21 January 2022

We enjoyed iur brief visit. The LAAC is a beautifully maintained historic property. It's like waltzing back in time. The service, friendly staff, beautiful art, historic photos and ephemera are at every turn. We enjoyed happy hour, dinner and jazz in the beautiful restaurant.
Wish we could have stayed more than one night to take advantage of all the amenities.
Parking was easy, and secure. Our room was beautiful, bathroom was small, as I'd expect in a historic building.
We look forward to visiting again...what a gem!

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2021

It took me awhile driving past the LAAC, that there was not a person to help take your bags etc. from the car. I assumed staying 2 days at the ‘Hotel/Club for a wedding.
I was guided in to the front of the building after driving around the block twice when I called and told there was a self park around the corner.
Had driven over 2 hrs. and in good physical shape , but older and somewhat confused as to manage the undertaking of checking in, your fairly new employee, Tony
, asked someone in the office if she could help me..
She took the single luggage cart , brought in my bags.. then took me up to a 4th. floor to park. We then went down elevator ,got luggage , went up a different elevator, to my room, where she helped me set down the bags
.Tony gave me info on where and when, made me feel at home, and assured me she was happy to help.. Downtown LA, is so much busier, especially mid afternoon on a Friday, than when I was here last, Being a native and able to drive from Santa Monica, , early on Saturdays, to enjoy a walk with no one in sight, down to the Pantry for breakfast shop at Brooks Bros.. and go to the flower mart, I was caught off guard. Living out of the area for years.
Tony made my arrival on Friday and leaving early Sunday a breeze..
She went out of her way to make me feel at home..I wanted to let you know she is and will be a fine long term employee in my opinion, that you Gretchen and the powers that be, can feel confident In.
I was in the Hospitality business on the west side of the city for many years.
I thoroughly, enjoyed my stay in the beautifully appointed Hotel / Club with a wonderful past, filled with memorabilia, good food, nice room and helpful staff.
Please thank Tony again !
Most appreciative,
Melinda Winet
Mc Donald/ Bahl Wedding Dec. 2021

Sent from my iPhone

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 354melindaw
Reviewed 29 November 2021

My wife and I had a concert at the nearby Teragram Ballroom and didn't want to drive all the way home to Sacramento after the show. The LAAC come up as the most 'affordable' for our Saturday evening and $20 for secure parking was a bonus so we could Uber to and from the event. We had a King Suite, loved the room wishing we could have stayed longer, honestly. We will come back to LAAC when our favourite bands skip the Bay Area/NorCal and are playing Downtown LA again.

Next time: white noise machine to keep the late night sirens and engine revving in the background rather than foreground of sleep.

Date of stay: November 2021
Reviewed 17 November 2021

This is the ninth or tenth time my friends and I have stayed at your property. Whenever we have an event downtown, like a concert on Broadway or the Staples complex or a show at the Music Center, we always make it an event by staying at the LAAC.

Everyone is always so kind, the rooms are a work of art, and the faculties get better every time.

We take pictures and send them to everyone who wasn’t able to join us just to make them jealous

The improvements to the roof made for spectacular viewing of the city and the renovated pool area is awesome

I hate to recommend this place because we feels it’s our little secret. But trust me, your expectations will be exceeded

Date of stay: November 2021