We stayed here back in September 2011 (after staying 3 nights in west Hollywood Anzac hotel and had a bad experience with our money being stolen from the hotel's deposit box).
We loved the hotel, the service and the location, so we came back to stay here again for one night.
Things that we love about LACC
1. The Room is nice although it is a bit dark. We got the king bed room and the bed was really comfortable. My parents got the queen room, so they did not enjoy their bed as much. Although, they were compensated with complimentary fruit platters in their room upon arrival (nice touch).
2. The breakfast - it's included in your room rate. Service was attentive without being intrusive. Selection was great, they even had waffles and omelet station for Saturday breakfast.
3. The location - it's not west Hollywood for sure but it's good in a different way. Mainly being close to the metro. If you don't drive this is a definite plus. The metro is about 5-10 minutes walk and from there you can go toHollywood highland station where the wax museum, Chinese theatre, celebrity tour meeting points are located or to universal studio station (you still need to take complimentary shuttle bus, but it's really easy - 5 minutes ride)
4. The parking fee -$14 per day in and out facility. Hey it's LA afterall, so $14/day is cheap.
What we don't really like about the hotel
1. The parking entrance -the parking entrance is on the other side of the building (relative to the main entrance) and the streets are one way so it is easy to miss the entrace and when you do, you will need to make a loop around.
2. There's no elevator from the carpark to the lobby. We had to drag our bulky suitcases up a few steps here and there to get to the Lobby. Suggestion: drop your bag at the main entrance before parking your car. It'll save you from sore muscles the next day...
3. My parents room's smoke alarm went on for no apparent reason in the middle of the night. The staff was helpful but they lost valuable sleep. Also, their room faced the street and apparently when they opened the window, it was very noisy. We didn't have that problem with our room.
All in all, we still think it's a great hotel at a great value. Will definitely come back here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you need a private getaway after a long day at work, a hideaway for a romantic weekend, or accommodations for your V.I.P. guests, our 72 elegantly appointed rooms atop The Los Angeles Athletic Club await you. Guest have full access to 88,000 sq ft of athletic facilities, 3 restaurants and a rooftop lounge. Breakfast and discounted parking are also included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Los Angeles Athletic Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Los Angeles Athletic Club Hotel Los Angeles
- The Los Angeles Athletic Hotel