1,131 results
All reviews bed dorm comedy night hostel offers female dorm mixed dorm privacy screen fantastic hostel free pancakes run hostel power points own bathroom cleaned daily santa monica beverly hills common areas stayed here for nights venice beach
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

The noise cut off was meant to be 11pm however it didn’t stop. All night. The girl who was meant to be staffing the desk was playing on her phone while many guests were yelling, running up the halls and stairs all night. We didn’t sleep one wink. Found some rubbish in the sheets so I’m not convinced they changed them before our stay. Do not recommend at all.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 14 May 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and we reached out to you directly to hopefully get to the bottom of this.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

Great chill spot in the HEART of Hollywood!!

TOP breakfast - toasts, bananas, and pancakes (also you can cook for yourself in lunch and dinner) ✅

Clean rooms (single, couple, 6p - 8p dorms) ✅
Lounge + TV ✅
Laundry room (pretty cheap) ✅
Lots of activities the hostel provides ✅

Had a blast there - you should too!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2018

The hostel is super close to the walk of fame and the Hollywood sign, they also offer tours and free BBQ nights. They provide pancake dough so you can make your own pancakes or grab a bagel and coffee as well as free water to refill your bottles.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights in a 6 room female dorm. Firstly, great instructions from LAX, made it really easy to get there. As for the rest- it’s a standard hostel, on the bigger side. Dorm rooms are fine, not sure about these “privacy” screens, nothing different from what you standardly get. Internet is fantastic!
On the downside, and for me what really detracted from my stay were the staff. They were disinterested, unfriendly, unhelpful and quite often rude. When I first arrived tired and in an unfamiliar city the check in I received by a staff member was so awful I looked for another place to stay because I felt so unsettled and unsafe.
They offer a lot of free and subsided tours- I went on a couple. They were fine, but run by volunteers they have only been in the city. a couple of weeks at most so they can’t really answer any questions or provide any meaningful information.
The location is fantastic for exploring Hollywood and downtown. Easy to get to the metro.
Would I recommend this hostel? Yes, I think so, the location is fantastic and it’s a safe place to chill out and you can meet heaps of people. However, I hope the staff sort themselves out, first impressions count and my first impression stuck.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2018

After a two-hour transfer from LAX to our hostel, we were happy to just lie down, but the staff on the front desk were friendly and had a good sense of humour. The rooms were pretty basic as was expected, but clean, comfortable and the bathroom was a good size. Breakfast was provided, which consisted of bagels, spreads, jams, fruit, coffee, tea, juices, etc. Hollywood Boulevard was literally less than 2 minutes' walk away, so the location is great for seeing some infamous LA sights - just what we wanted!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends