“Big portions great food”

Katella Deli Bakery and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 80 Restaurants in Los Alamitos
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

I forgot about Katella deli and a friend suggested we go for breakfast. I have the eggs Benedict and a Brian potatoes. She had something with lox and spinach and egg and toast. whatever it was she really liked it so I’ve posted a copy of the menu

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Yes, the new remodel is nice, the food is still very good, but the value is no longer there.

We have been enjoying meals here for many years and ate here often. It was an old standby family favorite—affordable, good food. Now it is no longer reasonably priced.

Everything has gone up noticeably. To add insult to injury, the portions are smaller. We split one tasty pastrami sandwich for dinner tonight, added one extra potato salad side and one soda. Our total was $21.73 before tip. The size of the rye bread was surprisingly small and the amount of pastrami was just enough to cover the bread.

In the past, we could count on a bigger, nice-sized sandwich with lots of great pastrami. Typically, in the past, we received portions generous enough to take leftovers home for a meal the next day. No more!
Tonight was definitely a disappointment for value received.

I guess we will need to find another place for frequent family dinners. Katella Deli has priced itself out of that category. Too bad!
We will miss you.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Great great food with lots of flavor. Get there early cuz low on parking and lots of people.
Plenty of choices for many people. Meats Veggies Pasta or heck southern fried chicken done like the ol days!

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

This is a great place to eat or find good items to take home for later. Fresh bakery goods, cold cut meats, cheeses,and a full service restaurant. Great experience!

Reviewed 3 December 2017

We have been going to Katella Deli for over 50 years, but last night was the most frustrating time. Service was good, not a long wait, but asked for lemonade and was informed that we could not get FREE refills. The waitress told us this. For many years I have gotten refills on my lemonade, it is no special lemonade, in fact one time the busboy refilled the glass with water thinking that was it. Spoke to the manager, a lady who I had asked to speak to 3 times that evening, and by the time she got to me, I had almost completed my meal and she said she would give me lemonade. By that time I was angry. They raise their prices to pay for the remodel but can't give you a Free refill on lemonade but can on soda. Sorry Katella, will find another place to eat

2  Thank genealogygail