All reviewslong beachfront deskoatmealsports courtkitchen areafresh fruitbedroom suitesausage baconmake your own wafflesla areacoffee tableorange countyfree internetnice stayrooms are cleanenjoyed my stayfull kitchen
Reviewed 10 December 2017

We were here on a quick visit to LA area after attending a wedding. We chose this location since it's not very far from Disney and not too close to where you'd pay the Disney price. Staff, as expected from Marriott, was great, very helpful and engaging. Our unit was 2BR/2BA on the 3rd floor. The breakfast buffett was good and plentyful. Parking is free, the hotel is clean and looks like newly renovated. I would stay again if we're in the area.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Apparently freshly remodeled. Squeaky clean. I loved the super toilet, great lamps/lighting, plenty of outlets, light switches, big, clean fridge, good tv with lots of channels, very comfortable bed and pillows, best desk chair (I’m going to get one of those!), and plenty of space. Problem-free WiFi. The staff were friendly and professional. It was quiet, although very full judging from the parking lot. We were there on horse business, so it was extremely convenient to Los Al track. I really enjoyed staying here.

Stayed: November 2017
Lisa L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cypress Los Alamitos, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Thank you for the Trip Advisor Review. We appreciate it! As you noticed, the hotel completed a renovation in May 2016. The staff takes great pride in the new product and keeps the hotel super clean! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

The physical aspects of the hotel have not changed. Still pleasant and comfortable. I handed the clerk my license at check-in, with the interaction from 2014 still fresh in my mind. I don't know if he copied it, but it certainly wasn't as obvious as in the past.
My only issue with the check in was that when I asked the gentleman for a top floor room, he was unable to comply (I'm Marriott Gold), but his colleague overheard the conversation, and made the change.
Room is pleasant, well stocked, and parking ample.
Still a nice choice in Orange County.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Lisa L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cypress Los Alamitos, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Thank you for staying with us! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accommodate your request for a top floor room. We look forward to seeing you again soon..

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed there as it is close to Cottonwood Church. It's a small but good hotel. Breakfast was ok but unremarkable with the usual stuff- cereal, eggs and sausage etc. Room was a good size and well equipped.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Lisa L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cypress Los Alamitos, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Cypress Los Alamitos. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to write a review on the hotel. Breakfast is included every day and includes many rotational items including croissants, crumb coffee cake and even bacon on Thursdays! We hope that you will be able to enjoy the variety on your next stay.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Centrally located halfway between Orange County and Downtown LA, the Residence Inn is a good place to explore all of metro LA, but you'll need to drive everywhere. Parking is free and plentiful unless you arrive late at night. The 2 bedroom/2 bath suites are spacious, with a fold-out sofa bed in the living room as well, so 6 people can be accomodated. The fold-out sofa bed was uncomfortable to sleep in, so our 5th person just slept on the cushions which turned out to be just fine. The 2 queen beds in each of the bedrooms was too soft for my tastes as well. Otherwise, with 3 TV's, free WiFi, and 2 generous baths and a full kitchen with utensils, cookware, and dishes, it accomodates a large active family. On the grounds is a basketball court and a nice outdoor swimming pool. Basketballs are available to check out from the friendly front desk staff. A full breakfast is served with a rotating menu of eggs, sausage/bacon, and an assortment of cereal, rolls, yogurt and fruit. Plenty of seating in a pleasant atrium. Prompt and friendly maid service cleaned up well after you. We enjoyed our stay here which was over a week long.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family