Residence Inn Cypress Los Alamitos
Best Western Los Alamitos Inn & Suites(Los Alamitos)(Great Value!)
US$ 134
US$ 110
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach(Seal Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 224
US$ 164
US$ 120
US$ 93
Priceline
Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach(Seal Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 203
US$ 178
Priceline
US$ 104
US$ 95
All reviewsoatmealfront desksports courtkitchen areaneeded a place to stayfree breakfastfresh fruitsausage baconbed roomshort drivemake your own wafflesla areaorange countyfull kitchenenjoyed my stayoutdoor poolparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Perhaps almost too friendly. The hand-written welcome note was a little over the top. Well-kept property as well. Hit the Katella Deli if you stay there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MistletoeArrow
Reviewed 5 March 2012

the good: breakfast, the short drive to disneyland, two rooms in one suite was good for grandma and kid

The bad: the beds and pillows were very uncomfortable, the rooms appeared to be clean however not good regular cleaning (washrooms were just tidied up daily not really scrubed. This location was close to disney but very far from LA (~1 hour) and other nice places.
probably wouldn't stay here again, wasn't impressed at the cleanliness. No bugs that I noticed which is a plus!
They make you sign a waiver for not making any noise and if so they will ask you to leave... my 4 year old jumped around for a min. before her dad asked her to stop...we got a call immediately that there were complaints. Meanwhile, the suite next to us had a dog that barked all night for 7 days... : (

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2012

They had baby roaches, climbing up the wall, in my granddaughters drink, walking on table. Needless to say we checked out right away. Screaming and hollering.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank 1stdiva
Lisa L, General Manager at Residence Inn Cypress Los Alamitos, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear 1stdiva – While I appreciate you sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, let me reiterate to you how unusual this type of event is at our hotel. After you alerted my staff of the situation, we immediately contacted our regular pest elimination company to come in and rid the hotel of any remaining critters and they assure us that we are now completely pest free. Our follow-up discussion led me to believe you had been fairly compensated for your troubles when we not only compensated you for two nights at another hotel of your choosing, but also adding an additional 5000 Marriott Reward points to your account and made sure all credit card holds were removed. In addition, I hope that you and your family enjoyed the Edible Arrangement that I had sent to your hotel. However, should you feel there is anything further to discuss, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed here for a week while working in Los Alamitos. If you've stayed at a "redone" Residence Inn lately, you know exactly how these rooms look. It's the usual setup with microwave, cooktop, full-size refrigerator, sofabed, etc. My room was spotlessly clean, everything worked fine and the place was pretty quiet. The climate control worked great and was almost completely silent.
Breakfast was pretty standard--watery fake eggs, some cooked pork products, some mass-produced pastries, etc. The one night I went to the "social hour," the food was nearly inedible and the beer was Bud Light (gross!).
Five stars for the hotel, zero stars for the nasty "food". As usual, the Residence Inn doesn't disappoint for a week-long business trip, but this one needs a new cook.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear Joe R - Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the hotel in general. It is our goal to ensure all of our guests have a pleasant stay and that we exceed in both service and accommodations. I apologize that you were unhappy with the complimentary food and beverage that the hotel offers. The hot breakfast buffet includes a variety of choices to suit every palate, including real scrambled eggs, prepared with whole pasteurized eggs, a variety of sausage patties and Turkey Canadian bacon as well as up-scale muffins that include both tuxedo muffins and blueberry muffins. In addition, we also serve “make your own” waffles, a variety of breakfast potatoes, yogurt parfaits, breakfast breads such as bagels and English muffins and hot and cold cereals. In regards to the evening social hour, we do rotate the menu every month to include a light meal and complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks. I am sorry that the items served during your stay were not to your liking. We appreciate the feedback from our guests on the food items that they find most enjoyable as well as those that are less desirable so that we can modify our menus to our guests liking. We do serve Bud Light as our complimentary beer of choice due to the overwhelming preference of this domestic beer by the majority of our guests. Please contact me at the hotel to share your personal preferences so that we can ensure your satisfaction during your next stay in the area.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

The hotel looked lovely from the road, modern, clean, with plenty of free parking, about 7 easy driving miles from Disneyland. We were assigned a room on the first floor which was quite large and well-furnished. Everything looked nice and clean but the carpet was clearly dirty as our white socks changed color quickly! I let the manager know and she said she'd make sure it was taken care of before the next customer used the room- great responsiveness and no defensive attitude at all. Although the closet was big, there were not enough hangers for four people to put clothes and there were no luggage racks - even though they want a "residence" feel, since people do have short stays here, they really are necessary. Also, there are no safes in the room- only at the front desk. These days with all the electronics people travel with, that is also a necessity. I do not want to have to take all my stuff to the front desk to put it in a safe there. It was chilly the nights we were there and there was only one thin, holey blanket for the sofabed. When we asked for another, we were told we could only have one, but they would make an exception. Huh??? Also, there was a urine stain on the mattress of the sofabed and that needs to be removed and replaced as soon as possible since you couldn't turn the mattress over and use the other side. Fortunately, there was a thick mattress pad provided so it wasn't an issue and there was no odor - so our daughter didn't complain. The big bed was comfy and warm and the vanity area separate from the tub and toilet so that made it easy for a family to share the room. There was art on the walls and some ceramics on a shelf that made it feel more homelike. The little kitchen was a bonus although we only used the fridge for food and drink storage, no cooking on this trip. Free buffet breakfast included cooked items such as eggs, potatoes, sausage and bacon and lots of cold cereals and juices. One day oatmeal was offered as well with raisins and brown sugar - yum! A waffle maker with batter is provided every day and the waffles came out surprisingly crisp and tasty. The hotel has interior hallways and the ventilation system needs some help since the entire three days we were there, the hallways smelled like a combination of white vinegar and broccoli - not a pleasant smell!

All in all, this was a great place for a Disneyland stay and compared to what is being offered at other nearby hotels, a great value, since we didn't have to pay for parking, internet or breakfast. There is a Starbucks nearby and that was a bonus for us - but we only had to buy coffee drinks, not food. We will certainly return to the Residence Inn.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family