“Super clean and great location!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 3 November 2011

The hotel was super clean and convenient. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom amenities were top rate. The refrigerator and microwave was a nice touch and the flat panel television just added more of a good feeling for this hotel. Everything was in its place and clean as well. The person at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful, asked questions which lead to a discount. WIFI worked well, Free Breakfast was minimal but was enough to get me going. Good value. I got more than I expected.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Kimberly B

Reviewed 23 October 2011

I stayed here once in 2008 and it was a mess of a motel. It felt like I was being sucked into some horrible horror movie where I was going to get slashed by some homicidal maniac.

Well, as luck would have it, I had to come to Long Beach for some business. I knew I was going to be drinking, so I looked on the Choice Hotels website, only to find the Rodeway Inn on there. At first glace, I was like Ahh Hell Nahhh. But, there were some photos that didnt look like the same place at all. The rooms were actually kinda trendy and fun looking.

Just to make sure I was looking at the right place, I called the Inn directly and asked about the rooms. The woman at the desk was very nice and said that all the rooms have been upgraded recently and that they get a lot of compliments on them. Ok, fine, I'll give it another go.

I am SO glad I did! I got into Long Beach around Noon and was able to check in early, despite the 3pm check in time stated on the website. My room was upstairs on the right side of the hotel. Opened the door and was delighted to see that the room was very modern looking, a vast change from the hard-as-a-rock bed and fitted bedspread of yesteryear. My online reservation was for a basic queen bed room, but guess what, my room had a whole other bedroom in it with a matching full size bed. Very cute. I almost wished I had a travelling buddy so that the little bedroom could get utilized.

The bathroom was nicely stocked with a little steel dish with all sorts of cool toiletries. It even had a shaving kit!

They wifi worked seamlessly and the room boasted a flat screen tv with 3 different HBO channels.

The only downside is that the hotel charges a deposit for the room, unlike most of the Choice Hotels brand Hotels. That was a little irritating. But, the deposit was refunded in about 5 days, so I cant complain.

I'll definitely revisit this hotel next time I come to Long Beach

Room Tip: Get there as close to check in as possible because the parking lot isnt big and it fills quickly
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank lawyergirl07
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and enjoyed it very much. The room and the bathroom were great. The location was excellent and within walking distance to the grocery store, restaurants and the beach. I liked how the 2 beds were separated so it felt like 2 rooms. Having the refrigerator and microwave in the room was also a big plus. The staff was helpful and friendly. Everything looked clean.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Steven C
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I spend 2 nights last week while I was here in Long Beach. The room had a pleasent smell when I walked in. It was clean and modern looking. The refrigerator and microwave as well the flat panel TV was a nice touch. The bed was comfortable as well. Parking was in short supply though; They did recommend a public lot that charged $7. Luckily didn't had to use it. I was satisfied with my stay here and would come back to this Inn when I'm in Long Beach.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Thomas W
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here while I was in Long Beach. The room was very modern and super clean. Like the reviews early, the bed was very comfortable. I too had overslept and had to ask for a late checkout.
The Rodeway Inn was quite nice for us, super clean and comfortable and reasonably priced as well!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple