7,249 results
All reviews engine room promenade cafe ghost tour self guided tour queen mary port holes step back in time chelsea chowder house beautiful ship dark harbor glory days wood paneling art deco piece of history tea room princess diana exhibit original features
Reviewed 6 April 2018

If you keep in mind the age of this beautiful ship, you can enjoy the many historic atmosphere and experience what it would of been like to have sailed when it was in service. During my first stay I was disappointed, because I was unfairly comparing it with a new modern hotel. Once I realized that in order to keep that nostalgic effect without converting it into a new and typical modern hotel feeling, my appreciation for the Queen... grew. The difference between new hotels and the Queen Mary is The ability to stay in a time capsule and enjoy the view and admosphere.

1  Thank FreddyChingonE
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The queen marry is an awesome boat with lots of history - hotel is okay for 1 night, restaurant (Sir Winston) excellent food an d the bar scene is lovely - views are spectacular. Visiting the boat itself could be done multiple times but not sure about staying at the hotel other than for the experience. Bed is hard - and rooms smell of the dampness - my joints hurt by the next day. Experience is nice.

Room Tip: Look at Hotel
2  Thank l r
Reviewed 5 April 2018

O.K. well I'll start with the bad... The shower didn't have a mat. Bathtubs are slippery so not to have a shower mat in the tub is just plain unsafe! You could die from a broken neck from a fall in the shower! Our room was hot!!! No a.c. just a plain old vent blowing hot and cold air. I left it on cold most of the time. Our room had very poor ventilation. I was sweating most of the time. You dont have a choice for wifi. They charge you $16.95 per day, whether you want it or not! I dont feel this is fair! WHO wants to pay for something they dont want! I know I dont! On the upside our room was small but tidy and cozy. We had the room with the two twin beds. I didnt hear any noise through the wall but I did in the hallway. But I must say it was very exciting to spend the night on a ship. My 2 y.o. granddaughter loved it. It was enjoyable walking around exploring the ship. I do want to come back.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a window. Maybe it wont be soo hot!!!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Missy C
Reviewed 5 April 2018

If you are looking for a perfectly perfect place to stay, DO NOT STAY HERE, but if you love the perfectly imperfect, The Queen Mary is your place. It is an OLD ship, so it is funny when people are surprised by the fact, things are old. Embrace it all and enjoy! It is super fun.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Happyincb
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Overall nice place to stay a lot to see. Rooms could of been cleaner . Expected it to be cleaner than it was . Walls were really thin so you can hear everything your neighbor is saying or doing . I definitely enjoyed the lounge , great music and staff.

Room Tip: Bathroom shower had mold and hair everywhere and very dusty. Not as clean as I expected it to be
2  Thank bigmama0468