“Very nice for the price and value, walking distance to convention center.”

Best Western Plus Hotel at the Convention Center
Ranked #5 of 55 Hotels in Long Beach
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Very nice for the price and value, walking distance to convention center.”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

THis hotel has been updated. The rooms were very clean and updated well appointed. The breakfast was very good and I liked the customer service at the desk. My staff and I stayed here and we were very comfortable for our convention at the Long beach convention center. Very good value for the price and length of stay. I did find that it depends on the time of year if you get a good rate, and we did. Totally worth it. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Kiki033
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Merced, Californa
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We spent a few days at this hotel and we enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were modern and clean. They had a pool, exercise room, free breakfast and free high-speed internet. The staff helped us find our way around and everyone was pleasant. We also went to Catalina Island for a day cruise. The terminal was very close to the hotel. A short cab ride, we were at the terminal in less than 10 minutes. Overall this Best Western was a pretty good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Edward M
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed here last year for a brief stay and this time for six nights while attending a conference at the Convention Center. Everything about the experience was enjoyable from the pleasant welcome when I dragged in after a long cross country flight to the pleasant greeting whether I was coming down for breakfast or returning from a day of meetings.
Rooms are large. Complimentary wifi strong signal easy to log on. Many amenities offered in the area of toiletries including shaving kit, shoe mitt, toothbrush, sewing kit, etc. In room coffee maker as well.
The complimentary breakfast includes eggs and breakfast meet, make yourself waffles, cereal, pastries, yogurt, etc.
There is a small, shallow, indoor pool. Probably ok for young children.
Overall a very positive experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank roadrun50
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stayed here just one night, after I had to leave the Holiday Inn Downtown because of the abysmal conditions.

The Best Western was everything I hoped for in a hotel. Clean, nice, okay location. There was complimentary breakfast but I didn't try it. Free, decent-speed wifi in the room.

The only cons were the price ($250 for one night), the in-case-of-damages deposit ($100 hold on my credit card for one night), and no fridge (had to throw out dinner leftovers). The name is a misnomer, as the hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the Long Beach Convention Center, but it's close enough, just inaccurately named. The Hyatt is AT the Long Beach Convention Center, for comparison.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Redlands, California, USA
Reviewed 27 March 2012

In February, my daughter had an early morning athletic competition at the Long Beach Convention Center, so I decided to drive down the night before in order to avoid rush hour traffic. I wanted to be within walking distance of the Convention Center, but I didn't want to pay for an expensive hotel. It's not cheap to stay in Long Beach even during the winter, but the Best Western Plus offered a decent rate and a good location. It is only a 10 minute walk from the Best Western Plus to the Convention Center--two blocks south, then one block west. I paid $10 for nightly parking and was allowed to leave my car in the parking garage until the early afternoon, thus I was able to avoid paying for parking again at the Convention Center.

Before we left our house, I printed off directions to the hotel from Mapquest. Unfortunately, there was unexpected road construction on the freeway, and I got a little lost trying to follow the detour signs. The neighborhood we were driving through seemed a bit sketchy. I called the hotel in a panic, but the receptionist calmly gave me further directions to the hotel. When we finally arrived, she quickly checked us in, told us where we could park, and noted that we needed a wake-up call.

Although it was very late and we were extremely tired, I had a very pleasant overall impression of the room. It had high ceilings and luxurious little touches you don't usually find in this caliber of hotel. For example, the counter tops were black marble and the sheets had a high thread count. The amenities in the bathroom were well-stocked, and there was plenty of hot water for the shower in the morning. While I thought it was odd that I didn't find an alarm clock on the table between the double beds, I just put my cell phone next to me to check the time during the night. Also, a bus line ran right outside our window, so I started to hear the buses go by early in the morning. Since I had to get up anyways, the noise really didn't bother me. But if I had wanted to sleep longer I would have gone looking in my suitcase for my earplugs.

The room rate included a hot waffle breakfast served downstairs in a small room off the lobby. The space filled up quickly with athletes, coaches, parents and businessmen, but the attendants brought out small plastic trays so we could go eat in the lobby or in our rooms. After the competition, my daughter wanted a hamburger for lunch. I stopped by the front desk before picking up the car, and the two clerks took extra time to give me maps and directions to the nearest "In and Out".

If you want to stay close to the Long Beach Convention Center, I would definitely recommend this hotel. We will certainly stay here if my daughter ever competes in Long Beach again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main street if you don't like to hear the early morning buses.